American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG)
The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) is the premier not-for-profit organization for women’s health care. Comprised of over 58,000 physician-members who are experts in women’s health care, ACOG provides to its members the highest quality education opportunities, practice-oriented resources, research, advocacy, and organizational support. With headquarters located in S.W. Washington, DC, we provide a positive, supportive work environment, excellent benefits and so much more! To learn more about our organization, please visit us at www.acog.org.
The College is currently seeking a Political Advocacy Assistant to process all incoming and outgoing Ob-Gyn PAC funds, assist with the execution of fundraising strategies, coordinate the annual Congressional Leadership Conference and meetings, and managing PAC and grassroots databases and websites.
- Process all Ob-GynPAC check and credit card contributions.
- Maintain NGP fundraising database with accurate and up-to-date details on all contributions, disbursements, and potential supporters.
- Ensure Ob-GynPAC contributions meet Federal Election Commission requirements.
- Help to maintain grassroots advocacy database (Engage), including everything from assisting with content development to coordination and execution of logistics.
- Prepare weekly accounting and fundraising report for Ob-GynPAC Director and Committee Chair.
- Coordinate monthly and quarterly recurring Ob-GynPAC contributions.
- Coordinate Ob-GynPAC dues payments, both personal and corporate, with Accounting and Membership Departments.
- Maintain accurate records of fundraising event invitations received and coordinate Ob-GynPAC physician or staff attendance at events. Send RSVPs, coordinate event contributions, and anything else relevant as needed.
- Assist with coordinating the planning of the annual Congressional Leadership Conference, our 500-physician spring lobby day fly-in, including event logistics, ordering of custom supplies, organization of programs and materials, and other planning needs as they arise. Attend and staff this conference.
- Assist with coordination of other PAC and advocacy events throughout the year, including but not limited to the Annual Clinical and Scientific Meeting, State Legislative Roundtable, and Annual District Meetings throughout the year. Travel to meetings as necessary (minimal to none).
- Research Congressional and State candidates, especially health care providers, and monitor races.
- Handle regular incoming and outgoing Ob-GynPAC mail and email.
- Passion for women’s health issues and Congressional advocacy required.
- Bachelors Degree required.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience preferred.
- Attention to detail critical.
- Applicant must demonstrate strong organizational, writing, and communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines required.
- Overtime sometimes necessary.
- Ability to travel if necessary.
- Previous government affairs, campaign, or fundraising experience a plus.
Job Posted: February 18, 2017