GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE’s Government Business Center of Excellence (CoE) provides first-class, practical legal and business advice and training to GE businesses working with US federal, state, and local government customers. The Senior Counsel, Government Business will drive these efforts. This position reports to the Leader, Executive Counsel – Government Contracts. This role may operate out of any of the following GE Offices: Washington, DC, Evendale/Cincinnati OH, or Lynn/Boston MA.
The Senior Counsel, Government Business will work collaboratively with leaders and supporting personnel across the company to ensure all GE businesses are equipped with the expertise and know-how to pursue and fulfill US federal, state, and local government business opportunities with confidence while keeping GE safe. The successful candidate will also manage a Senior Contracts Specialist with a bias for prompt, practical guidance, while strengthening the network of local, business-level CoEs to further develop a pipeline of talent in this area.
- Juris Doctor (JD) from an accredited law school
- At least 5 additional years of legal experience in government contracts law.
- Member in good standing with the State Bar and licensed (or eligible to be licensed) in the applicable GE office jurisdiction
- Skilled influencer, able to communicate complex messages to others.
- Committed to integrity.
- Passionate about winning.
- Business partner.
- Moves quickly with less than perfect information to distill complex issues into simple, actionable recommendations.
- Able to work independently and leverage the support of others in a fast-paced business environment.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
Job Posted: April 14, 2017