The Aerospace Corporation
Crystal City, VA
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you’ll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation’s space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration – to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Senior Director, Chief of Government Relations leads the Aerospace Corporation’s government relations activities, providing strategic vision and execution of a growing portfolio of educational and outreach efforts to Congress, Executive Branch, and state/local government officials. Works in close collaboration with leaders across Aerospace responsible for relationships with specific government customers. Provides direct support to the outreach activities of the Center for Space Policy and Strategy.
- As the leader tasked to develop, coordinate and implement corporate-wide Government Relations strategy, develop goals & objectives consistent with our values, strategic imperatives and corporate initiatives
- Working in close cooperation with Corporate Communication, develop, propose and execute specific outreach, engagement and follow-up activities between Aerospace leadership and executive branch, congressional and local officials
- Conduct in person outreach to government officials at all levels
- Increase understanding about Aerospace and its unique technical contributions and capabilities
- Build credibility for Aerospace as an active contributor to the communities in which we work and live
- Executive Branch – facilitating a smooth transition,
- Regional leadership – focus on elected officials
- Congressional leadership – build foundation for long term relationships
- Aerospace leadership – provide continual situational awareness about legislative and regulatory issues that may impact the company
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10 years + progressive relevant work experience in government relations (could include relevant direct experience in the executive or legislative branch)
- 5 years + experience directly managing people and leading teams
- Strong working relationships with senior level government personnel
- Ability to organize and execute high quality, substantive events including senior executive and legislative branch officials
- Ability to build and/or maintain substantive rapport with congressional staff
- Excellent written communication skills – can organize complex materials and concepts in a manner that is clear and logical
- Excellent verbal communication skills – clear, concise, persuasive; builds consensus through speaking; polished, professional style
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a government security clearance
- Master’s degree
- Significant Capitol Hill experience
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title: PRINC DIRECTOR
Clearance Requirement: None
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Posted: April 18, 2017