For Us, It’s A Mission
At Mylan, we mean it when we say we work every day to provide access to high quality medicines to the world’s 7 billion people. If you are unconventional, relentless and passionate. If you believe in doing what’s right, not what’s easy. If you are a doer and have a passion for serving others, we want to talk to you.
Make a Difference
At Mylan, each person has the ability to make a difference. From the providers who sell and market our products to the producers who develop and manufacture them and finally to our business partners who support the providers and producers, we all have a mission critical role. Here’s how this role will help:
- Lead in the development of detailed plans including strategies and tactics to successfully implement legislative and policy goals pertaining to Mylan’s policy and business interests.
- Advocate on behalf of Mylan on issues pertaining to Mylan’s policy and business interests before US Congress, federal agencies etc.
- Represent Mylan at related trade associations and meetings. Assist with providing leadership and active participation in GPhA’s plans and coordinate with Mylan initiatives as appropriate.
- Work with the Vice President of Federal Government Relations to coordinate assignments and work closely with external consultants, trade associations, coalitions, other parties to ensure that Mylan’s plan of action is on track.
- Research potential legislation and regulations that may affect Mylan’s interests and track/monitor progress on a daily basis. Establish communications for alerts, legislative briefings to support government relations function.
- Develop documents for internal and external use such as draft legislative language, policy briefs, advocacy materials, fact sheets, issue messages and other materials concisely and quickly to support Mylan’s initiatives, and in coordination with Mylan’s communications team as appropriate.
- Build knowledge and understanding of policy parameters and political factors influencing Mylan’s government relations objectives and ensure ongoing awareness and support for legislative activities with Mylan business leaders.
- Assist Govt. Relations Specialist/Manager with management of day to day operations of Mylan’s political action committee, including collaboration of PAC re-launch, website, communications, solicitation efforts, and compliance activities.
- Partner and work in close collaboration with State Government Relations, Office of Global Policy, relevant internal functions on legislative and policy activities to support enhance Mylan presence with policymakers.
- Support the Head of Federal Government Relations by assisting with policy and administrative issues, as needed.
Make Our Values Your Values
Mylan hires only the best. People who thrive in a culture of innovation and empowerment. People who are active learners and have a positive attitude. People who are leaders and know that by working together we can run faster, reach higher and achieve more. By doing so, we will continue to set new standards in health care. Here are the minimum qualifications and essential functions for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Graduate degree (business, legal, policy etc.) preferred. Minimum 8, preferred 10 or more years’ extensive experience in federal government affairs, public or health policy, preferably in healthcare sector in positions of increasing responsibility. Trade association, lobbying, federal agency, and Capitol Hill experience desirable.
- Possess strong knowledge of legislative, lobbying, regulatory processes. Experience and knowledge in federal healthcare programs, FDA policy. Established relationships with healthcare, legislative and policy community including key Congressional committees, staff, and federal agencies.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, consensus gathering skills, negotiation and selling skills, organizational skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, the Internet, and Lotus Notes. Team player in collaborating, supporting and implementing function, department initiatives. Able to develop working relationships and effectively interact with all levels of federal officials, both elected and staff.
- Proficiency in speaking, comprehending, reading and writing English are required.
If you want to be part of a global health care company that is making a difference and changing lives, Mylan may be the place for you. With a workforce of more than 40,000 worldwide, we can make a difference. We encourage you to visit Mylan.com to learn more about our unconventional culture, our approach to doing business and how we plan to set new standards in health care.
Mylan offers competitive salary, excellent benefits and an environment conducive to professional growth and advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability or protected veteran status. Mylan is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Job Posted: March 14, 2017