In conjunction with the Corporate Communications team, responsible for the creation of Communications and Government Affairs Advocacy/Messaging Plans with a particular focus on NBCU programming and other matters affecting GA constituencies. Coordinate and assist in the creation of the GA components to all Communications and Advocacy/Messaging Plans with contributions from each expert group-legislative, regulatory, legal regulatory, policy, third party, and state and local GA.Also responsible for coordinating the creation of advocacy and messaging materials on multi-faceted, large scale legislative and regulatory projects at the Federal Level, based on ongoing education by the expert groups on the substantive, political, and policy positions.In partnership with the regulatory and legal regulatory teams, responsible for overseeing federal GA review and editing of various publicly-released corporate documents, and conference and earning scripts to ensure compliance with overall advocacy and positioning.
– Assesses the current state of the department (organizational structure, competencies, and skills) and develops and implements a strategic vision and tactical plan consistent with the Company’s strategic objectives.
– Organizes and directs all franchise renewal efforts and develops and implements franchise renewal strategies. Secures franchise renewals on acceptable terms; manages the maintenance of local franchise administration and database information; and ensures the timely delivery of franchise renewal notifications.
– Designs strategy for government affairs and public policy issues for specific franchises as well as strategy for local regulatory initiatives. Secures and maintains franchise operating authority for the company.
– Develops and maintains relationships with government representatives and regulators at the federal, state, and local level. Travels to attend meetings, hearings, or other events to represent the company.
– Inspires, motivates, and communicates Company’s vision to regulatory associates, peers, and employees to builds consensus towards adoption of and commitment to new standards for the regulatory affairs department.
– Provides leadership and supervision to Government and Regulatory staff including staffing, performance management, compensation administration, office management, etc. Collaborates with other departments and provides leadership to integrated teams.
– Reviews community affairs budget(s). Resolves complex and/or difficult franchise renewals, franchise transfers, and franchise non-compliance issues, as required.
– Oversees programming related to corporate initiatives and community affairs activities.
– Manages outside counsel, consultants, or lobbyists to implement strategies or initiatives.
– Determines and develops regulatory competencies and skills needed for the future success of the Company.
– Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
– Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
– Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
– Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
– Communications / Public Relations, Business
– Generally requires 14+ years related experience
Job Posted: April 6, 2017