Senior Manager of Compliance, Political and Government Affairs
The Senior Manager of Compliance, Political and Government Affairs ensures that the Philips government affairs function and Philips employees engaged in interactions with federal and/or state officials meet comply with existing federal and state laws and regulations with regard election laws, lobby report filing, campaign finance and the Philips Employee Political Action Committee (PAC).This position is also responsible for supporting Philips’ B2G business activities, accomplishing its advocacy agenda and enhancing the company’s reputation/profile. This coordination is critical for internal alignment, for developing consistent messaging and cohesive policy development across the Enterprise.
You will be responsible forPAC Responsibilities include developing overall PAC strategy:
• Develop and execute fundraising activities to build a major donor program, generate new PAC revenues and increased PAC participation
• Develop solicitation materials and other internal communications, including emails, newsletters, annual report and PAC website
• Develop annual PAC budget incorporating solicitation program, disbursement program and PAC activities at the federal, state and local levels
• Work closely with the Chairman of the PAC Board to develop agenda for regular PAC Board meetings, execute on Board requests and maintain transparent PAC program
• Serve as Treasurer for the PAC and as a voting member of the PAC Board
• Plan and execute educational and promotional events for employees
• Develop and maintain relationships with business leaders’ to increase their engagement in political initiatives, including PAC solicitations and events, major political events (elections, major negotiations,) etc.
• Interact with industry peer groups; utilizing external resources to remain current on PAC management and other trends
• Manage and ensure strict l compliance requirements for the PAC including maintaining accurate records and filing all legally required reports
• Support internal communication vehicles to inform PAC Members, employees and Philips business leaders on pertinent policy and political developments/updates
• Develop and leverage relationships with the communications departments in all the businesses and functions
• Serve as a point of contact and liaison with Philips Brand, Communication and Digital team to ensure alignment and coordination on external events and engagements
• Develop and provide tools to foster relationship building between Philips business units and employees with their local, state and federally elected officials
• Direct lobbying and advocacy of the Philips business agenda to lawmakers and their staff as well as providing support for other Government Affairs initiatives and priorities.
• Serve as legislative lead and subject matter expert on selected public policy issues affecting Philips• Cultivate and expand key stakeholder relationships
• Understand and communicate the mission and goals of Philips to relevant stakeholders on Capitol Hill
• Manage the Philips Political Affairs Program (PAC), which includes site visits to Philips facilities by government officials, Capitol Hill education programs, executive fly-ins, PAC related activities including developing Philips’ annual political contribution strategy, scheduling Philips participation at PAC events and representing the company at campaign events
• Accountable for all federal, state & local compliance requirements which includes meticulous recording keeping and timely filing of legally required reports as per the Honest Leadership and Open Government Act (HLOGA) of 2007
• Participate to ensure that Philips policy agenda is appropriately represented in the multitude of membership organizations where Philips is a member, like industry trade association, coalitions and community groups
• Conduct high level policy and political research and analysis.• Key participant in internal policy working groups and committees to ensure proper alignment of policy positions on behalf of the company
• Manage the department annual AOP Budget for outlined activities, Manage and work collaboratively with retained counsel/consultants on PAC development, communication strategies and compliance
We offer you a dynamic working environment in an innovative business which offers you excellent opportunities to further develop and to fully exploit your talents. This role will be based in Washington, DC and comes with a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
We are looking for
• Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s degree in Public Policy or Government preferred
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of FEC rules as they pertain to PACs and HLOGA (Honest Leadership and Open Government Act of 2007) laws as they pertain to lobbying activities
• Ability to manage a budget
• Proven record of managing multiple political programs and projects at any given time
• At least 5 years of work on Capitol Hill and/or in the Government Relations field
• Proven record of ability to master legislative/policy matters and plan legislative strategies and messaging
• Ability to cultivate and steward relations with internal Philips employees and external stakeholders
• Superb communication skills including writing, speaking and message development
• Ability to manage internal staff and external consultants
• Some travel required
Do you want the opportunity to take your career to the next level in a global organization backed by a stable 120 year legacy of innovation? Here, you’ll go as far and as wide as you aspire. We make sure of it through support of a formal development planning process, as well as countless opportunities to expand your knowledge and skill set through resources such as the Learning@Philips program, tuition reimbursement and/or mentor relationships.Take the next step in your career and apply online on our Philips Careers Website. Senior Manager of Compliance, Political and Government Affairs. Job ID: 226227.
Not yet ready to apply? That’s okay! Learn more about us by joining our Talent Network on LinkedIn or following us on Twitter at @PhilipsJobsNA .Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
In case of difficulties with your job application please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Posted: January 23, 2017