The Hershey Company
The Senior Manager, Government Relations (LATAM/EMEA) provides insight and analysis on legislative and regulatory actions and trends that impact the Company’s ability to manufacture, market and sell product outside of North America, specifically focusing on Latin America, EMEA and India. The Senior Manager will establish and maintain key relationships at appropriate levels of government and with key business partners and trade associations. This individual also will assist the Vice President in developing Global Government Relations strategy.
Successful candidates for this position will have demonstrated the ability to work cross-functionally and in collaboration with others to achieve desired outcomes.
Candidates must be exceptional communicators with proven ability to facilitate discussions among leaders in the Law Department and the business, including but not limited to Quality & Regulatory Compliance, Innovation, Strategy, Sales, Marketing, Communications, Corporate Social Responsibility, and Global Supply Chain.
Summary of major duties:
1. Government Relations Research, Trend Analysis, Issue Management
• The Senior Manager monitors, analyzes and summarizes pending legislation and governmental activities in Latin America, EMEA and India.
• Coordinates Global Supply Chain and Corporate Social Responsibility on sourcing and sustainability GR related efforts.
• Consults with appropriate internal departments, business units, outside lobbyists and trade associations to help inform and develop proposed strategy to mitigate against risk and maximize opportunities.
• Activities may include (but are not limited to) advocating positions with policy makers and their staffs; monitoring policy matters, such as the introduction of policy proposals, legislative and regulatory hearings and meetings; and preparing issue briefing and summary materials.
2. Trade Association Management
• Participates in key trade associations as directed by the Vice President.
• Assist in development of industry policy positions and issue priorities.
Assist as staff support to Company executives who sit on the boards of trade associations and other private/public associations.
3. Internal Thought Leadership
• Liaison with Latin America, EMEA and India manufacturing and facility operations on gr matters.
• Collaborate and coordinate with Quality & Regulatory Compliance, Communications, Strategy, Innovation and other internal partners to inform and assist in development of company policy positions for Latin America, EMEA and India.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities:
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with emphasis on clear and concise interaction with the Law Department as well as business leadership.
• Spanish, French, Brazilian Portuguese and/or Hindi language proficiency preferred.
• Works cooperatively as a member of a team and is committed to the overall team objectives.
• Global mindset.
• Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with and influence lawmakers, as well as individuals associated with external organizations and competitors in a public policy context.
• Strong desire for personal and professional development.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
• A strong understanding of legislative and regulatory processes.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
• BS in Business Administration, Political Science or related study or equivalent related experience.
• Minimum 7-9 years of public policy analysis, food industry advocacy and/or related governmental field.
Job Posted: February 20, 2017