Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building technology people use everyday. Whether it’s heading home from work, getting a meal delivered from a favorite restaurant, or a way to earn extra income, Uber is becoming part of the fabric of daily life.
We’re making cities safer, smarter, and more connected. And we’re doing it at a global scale-energizing local economies and bringing opportunity to millions of people around the world.
Uber’s positive impact is tangible in the communities we operate in, and that drives us to keep moving forward.
About Public Policy at Uber
About this Role
What you’ll do
- Manage and lead a regional public policy effort, developing strategies and structures for keeping markets open, and opening new ones.
- Analyze existing and proposed laws and regulations for impact on Uber or our transportation partners.
- Design regulatory and legislative proposals in support of our business strategies.
- Directly engage policymakers, their staffs to educate them about Uber’s business model and vision.
- Craft and execute a third party engagement strategy aimed at developing Uber’s champions in the communities we serve and ensuring we are viewed as “big and beloved.”
What We’re Looking For
- A self-starter: Uber is a company of entrepreneurs and we want to work with people who enjoy building things from the bottom up. Things move quickly so you’ll need to be highly adaptable as well as calm in a rapidly changing environment.
- A great advocate: We’re looking to build the regulatory framework for the next generation of transportation services. You’ll need the intellectual chops to grasp complex policy issues as well as the ability to articulate clearly and simply how apps like Uber can help improve transportation for everyone. We’re looking for people who can distill complex ideas into simple, but intellectually credible, arguments. You’ll need to write well and have the ability to tell stories—about our product, people and the ways we’re helping to improve life for passengers, drivers and cities.
- A strong campaigner: Smartphone apps are disruptive, and the interests being disrupted are deeply entrenched. We succeed by putting together effective campaigns with third parties on behalf of the passengers and drivers who use the app. That means engaging with organizations and activating them to support the benefits that Uber brings to their communities and the future of urban mobility.
- A great teammate: success at Uber depends on the ability to organize different teams (internally and externally) around shared goals. It’s why we’re looking for well-organized people who enjoy working with others to get stuff done—and who can deal with the ambiguity that sometimes comes from working cross-functionally.
- Employees are given Uber credits every month.
- The rare opportunity to change the way the world moves. We’re not just another social web app, we’re moving real people and assets and reinventing transportation and logistics globally.
- Smart, engaged co-workers.
- 401(k) plan, gym reimbursement, nine paid company holidays.
- Full medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs.
- Unlimited vacation policy; take time when you need it.
Job Posted: April 18, 2017