Five Corners Strategies
Five Corners Strategies, a public affairs firm that specializes in grassroots campaigns for corporate and trade association clients, is seeking a Senior Vice President to lead client engagements and staff in our Washington D.C. office. The Senior Vice President is a senior management position that reports directly to the firm’s partners. This position focuses on leading client engagements, supervising staff, developing and executing project strategy, winning new business opportunities, creating and managing project budgets, and strengthening relationships with a diverse portfolio of clients.
Applicants must be highly motivated, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and enjoy working in a competitive corporate public affairs and campaign environment. Strong candidates will have significant experience and skills in many of the following disciplines: political and community organizing, campaign management, land-use campaigns, legislative and electoral processes, agency work, corporate communications, grassroots organizing, and field management on political and public affairs campaigns. Experience working with community organizations and trade associations is required, plus a history of managing and leading staff.
- Serve as lead strategist for multiple clients and supervise multiple staff members
- Assign and manage staff teams responsible for executing project campaign plans and work to ensure deliverables and timelines are met
- Lead internal staff teams and assess progress on projects and performance, relative to established goals
- Manage clients, develop success metrics, and provide frequent project updates and campaign strategy reports
- Forecast and develop both internal and external campaign plans and budgets
- Manage staff and financial resources to ensure client work is successfully completed within established budgets
- Conduct post-project, post-phase, and post-vote assessments with staff to outline best practices and determine ways to enhance services
- Assist the business development team in creating proposals and securing business from new and existing clients
- Work with the finance and accounting staff to complete invoicing
- Ensure quality control on Five Corners Strategies’ work product with internal operations management
- Negotiate with outside vendors while establishing pricing structures, monitoring contracts, and controlling costs
- A Bachelor’s degree, with at least 8-10 years of campaign or agency experience; a combination of the two is preferred
- Leadership and staff management experience within a corporate, professional environment, with independent verification of ability to work in team settings and lead staff in a positive and constructive manner
- Experience working on legislative, regulatory, and land-use issues is desired
- Proven ability to quickly understand advocacy messaging and communications to activate voters/citizens and public officials
- Proven record of coalition building, grassroots/field organizing, and public speaking
- Strong writing and communications skills
- Compelling drive to win
- Ability to manage cross-functional teams
- Appreciation of leading diverse professional teams with varied skill sets
- Dynamic ability to identify and work through roadblocks
- Confidence, motivation, and innate sense of responsibility
- Ability to work effectively under tight deadlines
- Efficient work style focused towards specific goals
Total compensation for this position is commensurate with experience and skills. The position includes the possibility of commissions for new business, and offers bonus potential. Qualified, interested candidates should visit our careers page to apply.
Applicants may also submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample, salary requirements, and references to: careers@FiveCornersStrategies.com. Please include “Senior Vice President” in the subject line.
Job Posted: March 12, 2017