||The Specialist, Federal Affairs is responsible for providing support on federal legislative affairs to the Department of Federal Affairs, as assigned by the Senior Director of Federal Affairs. Those assignments include: (1) conducting research; (2) drafting letters and other written material; (3) maintaining congressional targets database; (4) maintaining lobbying tracking reports; (5) engaging in lobbying activities which include meetings and follow-up with congressional offices; and (6) working on programs, projects, and briefings sponsored by the Department.
In addition, the Specialist, Federal Affairs, is responsible for serving as the Specialist of the Alzheimer’s Impact Movement (AIM). This position is responsible for maintaining records and reports for AIM’s political action committee, AIMPAC; drafting various communications including social media platforms; and other AIM activities in accordance with the organizational objectives. In this capacity, the position reports directly to the Senior Political Director for the Alzheimer’s Impact Movement (AIM).
|Essential Job Functions
- Maintaining various records and reports:
- Maintaining the database of congressional targets and contacts;
- Generating reports and background materials, as needed, on congressional targets
- Maintaining and generating AIMPAC records and reports
- Drafting written materials and correspondence:
- Drafting and sending informational messages and alerts to congressional staff;
- Drafting electronic messages and updates on federal policy for chapters and grassroots advocates; and
- Drafting letters and other written materials on federal legislative and regulatory issues and priorities;
- Working on projects as assigned by the Senior Director of Federal Affairs:
- Conducting various research projects on federal policy regarding Alzheimer’s Disease;
- Assisting in the planning of, preparation for, and implementation of programs and briefings sponsored by the Department of Federal Affairs, including Hill briefings and Advocacy Forum events; and
- Undertaking other projects, as assigned and as appropriate.
- Engaging in lobbying and public policy activities: working with members of Congress and their staffs on the Association’s federal legislative priorities; Engaging in various follow-up contacts with congressional offices, including by phone and by email;
- Representing the Association in relevant federal affairs coalitions and representing the Department in internal Association meetings, as requested by the Senior Director of Federal Affairs: Supporting the Department of Advocacy in executing grassroots actions by chapter staff and volunteers in support of federal affairs objectives;
- In the capacity Specialist of the Alzheimer’s Impact Movement (AIM), this position bears responsibility for the following activities:
- Drafting AIM political communications including key content for materials such as reports, analysis, and newsletters
- Assisting in the planning of, preparation for, and implementation of events for AIM-PAC; maintain tracking system for fundraising events
- Compliance with all applicable Federal laws and regulations;
- Interaction with all other Association employees working for AIM on a contract basis;
- Assist in the administration and operations of AIM and AIMPAC, including AIM and AIMPAC financials, and social media platforms; and,
- Informing AIM’s Senior Political Director of all significant developments on a timely basis.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of two years of professional experience, with three+ more years preferred.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Job Posted: April 14, 2017