Myriad Genetics Inc
Salt Lake City, UT
Myriad Genetics Inc. is a leading personalized medicine company dedicated to being a trusted advisor transforming patient lives worldwide with pioneering molecular diagnostics. Myriad discovers and commercializes molecular diagnostic tests that determine the risk of developing disease, accurately diagnose disease, assess the risk of disease progression, and guide treatment decisions across six major medical specialties where molecular diagnostics can significantly improve patient care and lower healthcare costs. More information about Myriad can be found at: www.myriad.com.
The Sr. Manager for Patient Advocacy Relations is responsible for envisioning, developing and implementing Myriad’s advocacy strategy with external patient organizations in line with the company’s business objectives. The Sr. Manager will build, expand and maintain Myriad’s capabilities in the field of patient advocacy by progressively developing and motivating a network of patient advocacy organizations.
This individual serves as a “single point of contact” between the company and the patient advocacy organizations. The Sr. Manager of Patient Advocacy will build internal capabilities and establish a solid framework for engaging with patient organizations across six therapeutic areas and three subsidiaries in the US. The successful candidate will champion the patient voice both internally and externally while developing collaborative initiatives between patient organizations and the company to shape a favorable environment for access to personalized medicine.
The Sr. Manager is a key partner for the Business Unit brand teams as well as Medical Affairs, Managed Markets, Interactive Marketing, Regulatory, Corporate Communications and Government Affairs.
- Establishes, builds and strengthens relationships with Patient Advocacy organizations within key therapeutic areas where Myriad has current or a pipeline of testing options; identifies areas of collaboration for the company.
- Accountable for developing and implementing a comprehensive patient advocacy strategy across six therapeutic areas and three subsidiaries based on common educational goals.
- Defines key processes and tools to elevate the way Myriad is interacting with patient organizations across the US including a customer relations management approach.
- Manages department budget of all company unrestricted education grants and other contributions to patient organizations; oversees sponsorship, submission and approval process. Serves as an internal advisor to peers and senior leaders to ensure the patient perspective is reflected across departments and accounted for in company-wide strategic imperatives.
- Builds meaningful partnerships with the patient advocacy community that reflect Myriad’s image as a patient-centric company within the diagnostic and personalized medicine community.
- Is accountable for effective use of internal and external resources, including smart deployment of consultants through clear objectives and key performance indicators.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5 years of experience including at least 5 years direct experience working at a non-profit or corporation; experience in oncology preferred.
- Established relationships in the diagnostic industry, personalized medicine, patient advocacy organizations and/or professional associations; oncology expertise highly valued.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and efficient channels of communication with a growing network of advocates and patient organizations.
- Deep understanding of and experience in the diagnostic industry, with knowledge of key policy issues – e.g. patient access to laboratory testing, personalized healthcare, regulatory hurdles and genetics.
- Experience translating and communicating complex scientific and technical content to a broad range of audiences.
- Established track-record of implementing impactful, strategic advocacy initiatives.
- Proven capability to influence and counsel senior leaders and teams across various functions and geographical boundaries.
- Strong leadership skills and collaborative work behavior required to drive successful delivery against strategic imperatives to a broad mix of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong project management skills, including managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Confident personal presence and experience managing and hosting live activities/programs.
- Experience navigating compliance reviews and approval processes.
- Ability to travel, including weekends.
Job Posted: February 25, 2017