Oak Brook, IL
The position of U.S. Government Relations (GR) Grassroots Supervisor will have a proven track record of successful Grassroots experience. The individual will be required to assist in the development and implementation of an aggressive strategic plan for successfully growing our grassroots advocacy network. In implementing successful grassroots programs for McDonald’s, the individual must assist in the development of and oversee grassroots initiatives which include recruitment, engagement and retention of advocates.
He/she will work effectively with members of the Government Relations team, owner-operators, as well as other corporate and regional departments to implement these initiatives. The successful candidate will possess strong political grassroots expertise at both the federal, state and local level. The individual will have excellent oral and written communication skills, be a strategic thinker, and serve as an ambassador for the McDonald’s Brand.
McDonald’s Corporation is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business Administration, Political Science, or related area
• Minimum 2-5 years of experience with grassroots advocacy
• Proficiency in Microsoft software with strong emphasis in Excel and the ability to work in web based applications.
• Strong written and oral communication skills are essential, as this position requires communication to a variety of audiences.
• Strong project management skills which includes balancing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines with moderate supervision.
• General knowledge of the legislative and regulatory process
• Familiarity with industry preferred
• Customer service oriented
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills are imperative
• Must enjoy working in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, deadline-oriented dynamic environment with constant change
• Detail-oriented, self-starter and good team player
• Creative thinker solid experience in concept to execution of new ideas
• Solution oriented problem solver
• Networking and relationship-building skills
• Develop grassroots advocacy campaigns including recruitment, engagement and retention of advocates.
• Scheduling and coordinating grassroots special events.
• Develop materials and collateral in support of special events and overall GR strategy.
• Oversee grassroots outreach software.
• Partner with regional staff to amplify government relations grassroots efforts and initiatives.
• Perform other responsibilities or special projects as assigned by manager.
Job Posted: March 14, 2017