The Senior Manager of Federal Government Relations will proactively build relationships with Democratic Members of the U.S. House of Representatives and the Senate, sense opportunities and risk and identify key legislative opportunities to drive the Samsung strategy and engagement at the highest levels in the U.S. government in order to protect and advance the interests of Samsung Electronics America.
You will be responsible for:
- Engaging directly with Democratic Members of Congress to strengthen Samsung’s relationships with key decision makers.
- Reporting to the Head of Government Relations and helping execute the team’s legislative agenda.
- Manage day-to-day external stakeholder relationships and coordinate with Samsung’s Public Policy team on priorities.
- Identifying federal legislation to alert senior management, public policy, strategic communications, and business channel staff about new legislation and regulations and potential impact on Samsung.
- Support the federal procurement team in developing key Congressional and stakeholder relationships that support Samsung products and services.
- Sensing key legislative opportunities and risks for the company and alerting internal stakeholders about them while identifying possible solutions to potential challenges.
- Supporting and helping drive participation in Samsung’s PAC, in coordination with the Government Relations team.
- Represent Samsung at trade association, government, coalition and other industry stakeholder meetings.
- Liaise and collaborate with the Public Policy and Strategic Communications teams to improve the legislative environment and to help enhance Samsung’s reputation in Washington.
We are looking for:
- Minimum of 12 years in advocacy role, preferably in the tech industry with an emphasis on Democratic relationships in the House and Senate.
- Expert knowledge and experience in how the government works and the forces driving regulations and legislation.
- Solid knowledge of Samsung products, services, solutions, businesses and strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to establish solid working relationships with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a team environment and partner with other cross-functional staff.
- Excellent leadership and communications skills
- Bachelor’s degree, juris doctor or graduate degree preferred.
Job Posted: April 14, 2017