Company & department description:
SWIFT provides the platform, messaging, standards, and products & services to over 10.500 customers in 215 countries and territories.
Our employees are the foundation of this success.
SWIFT has an unique corporate mindset, where diversity, personal development and networking are actively encouraged. And we think you’ll like our office culture, built around the way we work to achieve a healthier work/life balance.
If you want to be part of our dynamic, multi-cultural institution with over 2400 employees of 75 nationalities, in 26 offices worldwide, then explore the vast opportunities, rewards and internationally competitive packages that are waiting for you here at SWIFT.
SWIFT’s Corporate Affairs department includes the Corporate Communications, Public Affairs and Regulatory Affairs teams, which together are responsible for the external face of the company, and ensures that SWIFT is appropriately informed about potential regulatory or legislative threats, challenges and opportunities and defended against these where possible. The Public Affairs team is responsible for planning, implementing and further developing the company’s political engagement and advocacy programme across areas such as data privacy, financial services and technology. Corporate Communications is responsible for communications related to the corporate identity of SWIFT, including reputation management, corporate messaging, supporting the CEO’s and Chairman’s communications, corporate publications and events.
The Corporate Affairs team works closely with other business units within SWIFT such as the Legal, IT and Marketing divisions, and with a range of external partners, political advisers, media and PR agencies.
The US Head Corporate Affairs Manager will support SWIFT’s corporate communications activities, reporting to the Head of Corporate Communications based in Brussels, liaising closely with internal and/or external clients and contributors for a variety of aspects to ensure smooth delivery at the highest level and according SWIFT’s standards.
He or she will also provide advocacy support in the US contributing to SWIFT’s engagement with US-based public sector and industry stakeholders. In this part of the role he/she will report to the Head of Corporate Affairs. The role will vary, but split approximately 70%-30% between communications activities and advocacy support.
- Execute SWIFT’s corporate communications strategy, reporting to the Head of Corporate Communications:
- Articulate corporate messages for the cooperative.
- Draft, develop and maintain SWIFT’s corporate collateral, including presentations, video scripts, brochures, annual review, and the corporate website SWIFT.com; Oversee the production of collateral; Copy production and review.
- Support all other SWIFT departments with corporate communications. Supporting Chairman, CEO and executives by drafting messaging, speeches and communications; Support other SWIFT departments with the organisation of their events; Write speeches.
- Draft press releases and holding statement
- Participate in SWIFT’s crisis communications process; draft high quality messaging as part of SWIFT’s incident response in cooperation with operational teams;
- Contribute to SWIFT’s advocacy programme with US-based public sector stakeholders; reporting to the Head of Corporate Affairs
- 5+years of proven successful experience in communications, PR or media.
- Impeccable written English, communication and presentation skills; Skillful copy editor and proofer.
Strong project management skills and sense of responsibility for a wide range of projects and processes, combined with a strong interest for SWIFT’s business, products and services.
Knowledge and Experience
- Native English required, knowledge of other languages a plus.
- Highly articulate, with excellent written communication skills, the individual should have a close eye for detail, native curiosity and a passion for language. They should be able to distill reams of complex information into intelligible text and translate technical details into plain English.
- Technology background desirable.
- Experience of engaging with diverse teams from different professional and international backgrounds.
- Good organisational skills and proven ability to work in multidisciplinary team with diverse range of responsibilities.
- Ability to develop clear, concise and compelling communications across full range of output formats.
- Proven experience in communicating to diverse audiences.
- Political and business acumen: Political and media savviness; Strong understanding of finance, IT and innovation; Understanding of international political developments; Understanding of the opportunities and challenges the company and industry are facing.
- Knowledge and understanding of the US legislative process and the US institutions involved
- The role will suit a calm, creative and adaptable individual, ready to take on his or her new challenge in a uniquely exciting and innovative environment. You will need to be a results-orientated, whilst always thinking ahead. You will need to be flexible, willing to travel, will ideally have a keen interest in technology and you will be ready to operate in a complex multi-stakeholder environment in which consensus is key and in which every day will be different.
Job Posted: March 12, 2017