|Your career starts now. We’re looking for the next generation of health care leaders.
At AmeriHealth Caritas, we’re passionate about helping people get care, stay well and build healthy communities. As one of the nation’s leaders in health care solutions, we offer our associates the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people through our national footprint of products, services and award-winning programs. AmeriHealth Caritas is seeking talented, passionate individuals to join our team. Together we can build healthier communities. If you want to make a difference, we’d like to hear from you.
Headquartered in Philadelphia, AmeriHealth Caritas is a mission-driven organization with more than 30 years of experience. We deliver comprehensive, outcomes-driven care to those who need it most. We offer integrated managed care products, pharmaceutical benefit management and specialty pharmacy services, behavioral health services, and other administrative services. Discover more about us at www.amerihealthcaritas.com.
Reporting to the Medicaid health plan Market President, the Vice President, Communications and External Affairs is responsible for the development and execution of the line of business strategic communications plan in collaboration with Corporate Communications, Government Relations, region team, and other corporate, business, and owner partners. Working closely with Corporate Communications, Government Relations, and other executives across the family of companies, the Vice President, Communications and External Affairs for the health plan will lead efforts to strategically position the health plan and leadership as experts in health care to enhance the overall reputation of the health plan.
- Develop comprehensive communications plans in collaboration with Corporate Communications, Government Relations, region team, and other corporate, business and owner partners. Among other stakeholder communications opportunities, provider communications, member communications, paid advertising (traditional print and broadcast, out of home, native, digital, etc.), news media, and associate communications will be addressed in the communications plan.
- Provide strategic communications counsel to health plan leadership.
- Work with Corporate Communications, Government Relations, other corporate, business and owner partners, and health plan leadership to establish and/or strengthen brand messaging and communication for health plan. Identify health plan collateral needs; work with Corporate Communications to develop and produce collaterals.
- Direct and produce results reports; develop metrics for measuring communications effectiveness and balance.
- Provide associate communications support for the health plan and leadership.
- Liaison between plan, region team and corporate partners.
- Manages the health plan communications team with responsibility in print communication and materials including the member handbook, provider manual, letters, correspondence to members/providers and associate communications, in coordination with the Corporate Communications team.
- Requires 10-15 years of progressive experience in corporate communications, public relations, consulting, or media. Extensive project management experience Health care industry knowledge/experience. Experience in Medicaid strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, marketing, or related field
- Demonstrated technical, business, presentation and entrepreneurial skills and a commitment to innovation.
- The ability to approach issues from the vantage point of the customer and to help guide a complex organization in responding to rapidly changing market demands.
- A multi-dimensional and anticipatory thinker with the capacity to communicate, plan, and act strategically; the ability to analyze complex situations and relationships and work with corporate and local leadership to respond in a thorough, consistent, and expeditious manner.
- Exceptional communications and writing skills, including the ability to speak well in public and/or work effectively through the media.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing effective written communication vehicles for diverse stakeholders.
- Effective in a variety of formal presentation settings, including one-on-one, small, and large groups, with internal/external stakeholders, and in crisis situations; the self-confidence, credibility, and presence to relate to diverse external constituencies.
- Well-developed leadership skills with a good mix of strong conceptual thinking, a hands-on approach to the management/engagement of people and the charisma to “sell the vision’”.
- High drive, energy and resilience, with the ‘edge’ to achieve extraordinary results. The ideal candidate will thrive in a changing environment and have good judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Highly effective in developing collaborative relationships with internal constituencies in order to define and accomplish a common goal.
To apply: http://chk.tbe.taleo.net/chk05/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=AMERINC&cws=1&rid=11250