Vice President – Government Compliance
This position manages and directs all company efforts relating to Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), and other US Government procurement regulations. It is the company’s key representative in interactions with associated agencies of the US Government such as the Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) and the Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA).
Given the extensive breadth and depth of the US Government’s procurement and accounting regulations, this position requires frequent interaction with executives from virtually all other internal organizations in the company (listed below) to ensure each is doing their respective parts toward ensuring high rates of compliance, thereby maintaining the company’s strong competitive position in the government contracting marketplace.
Primary Areas of Responsibility Under This Position
- -Responsible for the preparation of the company’s final indirect rate cost proposals (also referred to as incurred cost submissions), due six months from the end of the fiscal year.
- -Responsible for the maintenance of the company’s Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) disclosure statements.
- -Organization serves as the company’s primary liaison with the Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA ), providing them with requested audit documentation, and responding to their questions, concerns, audit findings and recommendations.
- -Organization also serves as the company’s primary liaison with other government auditing organizations, provides them with requested audit documentation, and responds to their questions, concerns, audit findings and recommendations.
- -Negotiates results of government audits with the Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) and other cognizant government contracting officers.
- -Manages the preparation of analyses of the impacts of changes in cost accounting practices.
- -Serves as a government compliance subject matter expert to other internal organizations.
- -Estimates audit reserves for financial reporting purposes.
Primary Internal Organizational Interfaces:
- – Corporate Accounting
- – Accounting Operations
- – Contracts
- – Procurement
- – Pricing
- – Rates and Budgets
- – Legal
- – Human Resources
- – Project Management
This position reports directly to the Vice President – Internal Audit & Government Compliance. Manages a staff of approximately ten government compliance professionals.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- – Must have an undergraduate degree in Business.
- – Graduate degree preferred. CPA preferred.
- – Must have at least 20 years managing a federal government compliance function in a large federal government contracting company, with similar, increasing responsibilities over that time.
- – Must have a strong, experience-based knowledge of applicable rules/regulations governing federal contracts, such as FAR, DFARS, CAS, JTR, and DoS guidelines. Must understand the relationships and differences between GAAP accounting and government cost accounting.
- – Must possess excellent verbal and written communications skills. Must be a strategic thinker and negotiator, able to see two steps ahead. Able to understand and analyze complex accounting and financial matters. Must have honed ability to prioritize. Tactful and diplomatic, able to maintain good professional working relationships, especially with government officials. A proven track record of meeting goals, objectives and deadlines. Stays current on all new and proposed changes to applicable rules and regulations having an impact on role and responsibilities. Able to motivate and retain staff.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. Join CACI, where you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. A Fortune magazine World’s Most Admired Company in the IT Services industry, CACI is a member of the Fortune 1000 Largest Companies, the Russell 2000 Index, and the S&P SmallCap600 Index. CACI provides dynamic careers for over 20,000 employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Job Posted: April 8, 2017