Disney Parks & Resorts
Lake Buena Vista, FL
“We make magic.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
The vice president of External Affairs is responsible for leading Corporate Citizenship and Government Relations and for leading issues management and developing communications strategies that protect and enhance the reputation of Walt Disney World. The VP, External Affairs will be responsible for the development and leadership of strategies in the community and government arenas that support Walt Disney World business priorities. The key areas of focus include state and local government initiatives, strategic philanthropy, community outreach, volunteer programs and comprehensive issues management and communications planning. The leader in this position will:
- Lead proactive issues management strategies to address stakeholder issues, in partnership with business units, functional areas and worldwide public affairs.
- Reinforce the Company’s reputation and commitment to corporate citizenship through the development of integrated internal and external communication strategies.
- Lead the WDW Government Relations team, which is focused on state and local relationships and initiatives.
- Lead the WDW Corporate Citizenship team, which includes the development and implementation of strategic philanthropic giving programs that address a critical community need and support the business.
- Work closely with senior leaders, leading the effort to fulfill the commitment to corporate citizenship in the design and implementation of the business strategies.
- Collaborate with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts and site leaders on stakeholder research and increase understanding of the expectations of consumers, employees, investors and the broader society with respect to responsible corporate citizenship.
- Solve and message unique and complex problems which have broad impact to the business.
- Leadership: Lead the Government Relations and Corporate Citizenship teams
- Communications: Work effectively with the internal and external communications teams to advance the Company’s reputation with respect to corporate citizenship. Ensure that messaging and tactics align, inform and inspire both internal and external stakeholders around Parks and Resorts corporate responsibility objectives.
- Stakeholder / Government Leadership Engagement: Build strategic alliances and coalitions with key constituency groups largely at the local level whose work and missions are aligned with the company’s priorities.
- Global GR Initiatives: Support global GR initiatives and assist with the assimilation and coordination of information and efforts of GR at all WDPR sites.
- Issues Management: Lead issues management process and assist site public affairs and senior leaders in assessing the reputational risks and opportunities with respect to corporate responsibility. Assess, prioritize, monitor and address potential challenges and risks. Elevate emerging issues where appropriate.
- Business Integration: Develop corporate responsibility and charitable giving strategies that are meant to enhance the business. Educate and link different groups and functions. Ensure the implementation of policies, strategies and programs on a global basis.
- Philanthropy: Work with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts corporate citizenship partners to implement the corporate and segment philanthropy strategy. Develop metrics to support philanthropic recommendations and to demonstrate value to business.
- Research: Manage WDW’s reputation and economic research and leverage information to develop plans to enhance effectiveness of efforts and programs.
- Employee Volunteerism: Partner with site leadership teams to execute a VoluntEARs program that is linked to the Company’s citizenship mission and goals, with research and metrics to support.
- Best Practices: Advise leadership on global best practices with respect to corporate responsibility. Monitor and analyze the strategies, policies and programs of other companies and track marketplace trends.
- Goals and Measurement: In collaboration with WDPR citizenship leaders develop appropriate goals and metrics and process for measuring the Company’s performance with respect to corporate responsibility.
- Fiscal Planning: Through the corporate citizenship strategic and operational planning process, develop an understanding of the fiscal impact of the Company’s goals and priorities in this area. Develop an annual operating budget.
- Prior experience in senior communications positions within the public or private sector.
- Prior experience in devising and/or implementing corporate responsibility programs.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate trends and issues in business and society that affect the Company’s corporate responsibility agenda and reputation.
- Excellent written communications skills; excellent verbal skills, including public speaking, meeting facilitation and presentations.
- Demonstrated research skills, including ability to analyze and interpret data.
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Proven strong conflict management skills
- Proven process/continuous improvement skills
- Demonstrated project management, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to partner with and influence others and ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced/complex organization
- Resilient and able to adapt to significant challenges.
- Experience with a major brand or significant public entity.
- Experience within the travel industry
- Previous international/global experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, business, political science or related field
- MBA or advanced degree in relevant field preferred
Job Posted: February 25, 2017