Certificate in PAC & Grassroots Management Requirements
We’re excited to help you start the path to Certification! On the page below you’ll find credit information, program guidelines, and helpful tips for mapping out your progress.
The Certificate in PAC & Grassroots Management program can easily be completed in two years, but participants should expect to complete all requirements within three years.
Specialization: To specialize in either grassroots or PAC management, participants must accrue at least 15 credits from programs related to their area of specialization.
Certificate completion requires 25 credits split between several credit areas as detailed below:
Additional Credit Information
- Only registered participation in live webinars is eligible for certificate credit. Purchase of webinar recordings is not applicable.
- Credits earned through participation in webinars are capped at a maximum of 5 credits. Virtual participation in workshops is not limited. Earning credit as a virtual participant requires engagement on the virtual platform for the duration of the event. Participants must ask questions and provide feedback and commentary during discussion periods.
- Attendance and participation throughout an entire event are required to receive credit. Registration without attendance or early departure from an event will not count towards certificate completion.
Community credits may be earned for the following activities (achievement of these credits are subject to the discretion of Council staff):
- Serving as an active member of a Conference Advisory Committee, at the discretion of Council staff. Active members participate in advisory committee meetings and calls, or connect with staff when not available to participate in meetings; submit speaker and program suggestions; actively promote the conference to colleagues and peers; and support conference success through participation, attendance, submission of relevant resources and active involvement in conference activities). Credit for this will be awarded after the relevant conference occurs — 1 credit
- Submitting grassroots- and/or PAC-related resources to be shared in the Council’s resource library— 1 credit per five resources submitted, up to a maximum of 2 credits
- Serving as a speaker at a related Council program (at the discretion of Council staff) — 2 credits
- Writing an article or tip sheet for use on the Council’s website or in one of the Council’s newsletters (in conjunction with Council staff) — 1 credit
- Posting on Council Connect (platform is only available to Public Affairs Council members) – 1 Credit for each 5 posts of substance
- Posts must be tagged with @Kristin Brackemyre so that they can be tracked
- ex: starting a thread, commenting on an existing thread in a way that forwards the conversation or shares insight, or sharing professional expertise that assists your colleagues.
Terms of Enrollment:
- Candidates should expect to complete the program requirements within three years of application.
- Programs more than 30 days prior to the date of application will not count toward certificate completion.
- Participants must attend the Annual Conference (National PAC or The Advocacy Conference) related to the area of their specialization at least once.
NOTE: Since the Public Affairs Council has no input on the agenda or content of programs held by other organizations, credit will not be given for attendance at non-Council PAC or grassroots training programs.