Crises happen – are you prepared?
Organizations must quickly and effectively communicate online during state, local, federal and even international incidents – and that requires planning and practice.
Featured Topic & Speakers
Does your organization have the tools and expertise to handle a digital crisis? Public affairs and communications professionals must understand the online ecosystem to effectively manage a crisis, including search engines, social listening platforms and bots.
Protect your reputation and learn from digital and crisis communications experts:
- Developing an online strategic crisis plan, including pre-planned and prepared digital and social media content and “dark sites”
- Using online polling and message testing to create an impactful rapid response message
- Best practices for social listening, including monitoring the online conversation among the public, policymakers, stakeholders, employees and the media
Speaker Info Coming Soon
As a CAE Approved Provider educational program related to the CAE exam content outline, this program may be applied for 2 credits toward your CAE application or renewal professional development requirements.
2:00 p.m. Protecting and Building Your Online Reputation
People turn to the web and social media first when researching your company, industry or issues. It’s crucial that you have a strategy, and long-term plan to protect and build your online reputation. In this session we will answer these key questions:
- How can you asses your organization’s online reputation and what metrics are best used when determining how certain online conversations are impacting your reputation?
- What are the best free and paid tools available to monitor online reputation including social listening and online polling?
- How can we align internally to ensure we respond quickly and effectively?
- What can we do to improve our Google search results to more accurately reflect our organization or industry?
3:00 p.m. Networking Break
3:15 p.m. Responding to Crisis Online
After looking at the big picture, we’ll delve into how to prepare and respond during a crisis. Our online communications and reputation experts will discuss:
- Crafting an online strategic crisis plan that can be deployed the moment a crisis situation is identified online
- Understanding the difference between an issue with a troll or opposing advocacy group and a true online crisis
- Developing pre-planned digital and social media content and building “dark sites” that can help you quickly respond in a crisis
Understanding the sensitivities around online communications so that you can carefully craft a response that answers key questions and assists in providing information to all important stakeholders
4:15 p.m. Adjourn
+ Click to expand
Public Affairs Council
2121 K Street, NW
Washington, DC 20037
*Participants joining the program virtually will receive an email one week beforehand with instructions for logging on to our web-based platform. On the platform, they will be able to listen and participate through any computer or internet-enabled device, see a video of the speakers, and ask questions and participate in the discussion via a chat box.
+ Click to expand
- Members: $289
- Non-Members: $399
Additional discounts may apply to this meeting. These discounts may include:
For multiple registrants: A discount will apply to the standard member/non-member rate for organizations that register two or more participants for the same meeting. The first registrant will pay full price, the second participant will receive a 10% discount and each additional registrant will receive a 15% discount. To register multiple participants, you may either register online or download the print and fax registration form.
Member discounts: Discounts for members are applied to all Public Affairs Council meetings.
Non-members: Join the Council today, and save by registering at the member rate and using the $200 new-member coupon you will receive. Contact our membership team for information about joining the Council.
Questions? Contact us at 202.787.5950.