Now more than ever, your internet presence can make or break you and there are a lot of new “rules” to navigate in order to preserve your reputation as an organization. Your online presence is a major part of your brand now, so it is important to stay tuned into what your audience needs.
Featured Topic & Speakers
During this 2 hour workshop, we will cover how to monitor and learn from the current public affairs landscape in order to well represent yourself or your organization online. We will cover the following:
- Standards to set in place in order to prevent issues regarding your online reputation
- How to respond to a crisis type of current event
- How to navigate when you find yourself in a controversy or how to respond to negativity
- Leveraging data to build a healthy online presence.
This program is eligible for 2 grassroots credits toward the Certificate in PAC & Grassroots Management and 2 elective credits toward the Certificate in Public Affairs Management. As a CAE Approved Provider educational program related to the CAE exam content outline, this program may be applied for 2 credits toward your CAE application or renewal professional development requirements.
10:00 a.m. Using Social Listening and Protecting you Reputation Online
Your online reputation is your reputation. Join us for an expert-led discussion on
how organizations can harness the power of social listening and build a respected online presence. Our expert will answer the following key questions:
- What are the specific steps you should take to assess and build your online reputation?
- What are the most helpful metrics to determine positive and negative impacts to your reputation?
- If I work in public affairs and the communications team owns our online communications, how do I engage in conversation and convey the public affairs perspective on our online reputation and message alignment?
- What are the best free and paid tools available to monitor online reputation for public affairs?
- How can I assess the tone of the conversation and why does it matter?
11:20 a.m. Break
11:30 a.m. Case Study: Online Reputation Management
After looking at the big picture, we’ll delve into a case study. Learn how one organization translates trends and best practices into an online reputation management strategy that raises their organization’s profile as a thought leader while simultaneously mitigating reputational challenges.
12:15 p.m. Adjourn
+ Click to expand
Public Affairs Council
2121 K St NW #900
Washington, DC 20037
*Participants joining the program virtually will receive an email one week beforehand with instructions for logging on to our web-based platform. On the platform, they will be able to listen and participate through any computer or internet-enabled device, see a video of the speakers, and ask questions and participate in the discussion via a chat box.
+ Click to expand
- Members: $289
- Non-Members: $399
Can’t attend live? All registrants will receive access to the workshop recording for 14 days following an event.
Additional discounts may apply to this meeting. These discounts may include:
For multiple registrants: A discount will apply to the standard member/non-member rate for organizations that register two or more participants for the same meeting. The first registrant will pay full price, the second participant will receive a 10% discount and each additional registrant will receive a 15% discount. To register multiple participants, you may either register online or download the print and fax registration form.
Member discounts: Discounts for members are applied to all Public Affairs Council meetings.
Non-members: Join the Council today, and save by registering at the member rate and using the $200 new-member coupon you will receive. Contact our membership team for information about joining the Council.
Questions? Contact us at 202.787.5950.