There’s never been a more important time for your organization to have a strategic issues management process in place. Large-scale crises like the current COVID-19 pandemic show just how critical it is to be prepared. Join us to learn how your public affairs team can anticipate issues – even the really big ones – and tackle them before they become bigger challenges.
Featured Topic & Speakers
Join us for an in-depth workshop that will help you map your organization’s key issues and design a process for proactively monitoring, tracking and engaging, and determine how to prioritize in a time of crisis.
- Tools for monitoring and tracking
- Effective formal and informal management structures
- Issues management vs. crisis management
- Engaging other business units and departments in the process
- Managing your issues when government officials are focusing on COVID-19 impact
Senior Director Government and Public Affairs
The LEGO Group
This program is eligible for 2 Core credits towards the Certificate in Public Affairs Management, 2 Elective credits towards the Certificate in PAC and Grassroots Management and 2 Specialization credits toward the Certificate in Government Relations and Lobbying. As a CAE Approved Provider educational program related to the CAE exam content outline, this program may be applied for 2 credits toward your CAE application or renewal professional development requirements.
2:00 p.m. Welcome and Introductions
2:15 p.m. Building Issues Management Functions
Assess how to monitor, prioritize and manage the issues. Anticipate which issues are most likely to show up and how to address them in a systematic fashion. Learn the benefits of forming and managing a fully integrated team made up of the right players to help you tackle those issues effectively. This session will help you decide how to allocate your precious resources and time by covering:
- Profiles of effective structures
- Seeking out enterprise-wide perspectives
- Mapping your issues for importance to the company and impact
- Agreeing on priorities and crafting a communications plan around them
- Tools for monitoring and tracking the issues
3:00 p.m. Networking Break
3:15 p.m. Issues Management in Action
Hear case studies and best practices on how peer organizations built and leveraged successful issues management teams to keep their organizations focused on the most important priorities. This session explores comprehensive issues management systems from start to finish. We’ll examine:
- Ways to use issues management teams to focus your public affairs story organization-wide
- Leaving room for the unexpected issue or debate
- Metrics used to measure outcomes
- Ways to translate your high-priority issues into ROI
- How established issues management teams may pivot to reflect a new administration, changes in Congress, increasingly active state legislatures and shifts in global priorities
4:15 p.m. Adjourn
+ Click to expand
This program will be hosted in a fully virtual environment.
*Participants joining the program virtually will receive an email one week beforehand with instructions for logging on to our web-based platform. On the platform, they will be able to listen and participate through any computer or internet-enabled device, see a video of the speakers, and ask questions and participate in the discussion via a chat box.
+ Click to expand
- Members: $289
- Non-Members: $399
Recording Only(Can’t participant live?)
Purchase a copy of the recording
Additional discounts may apply to this meeting. These discounts may include:
For multiple registrants: A discount will apply to the standard member/non-member rate for organizations that register two or more participants for the same meeting. The first registrant will pay full price, the second participant will receive a 10% discount and each additional registrant will receive a 15% discount. To register multiple participants, you may either register online or download the print and fax registration form.
Member discounts: Discounts for members are applied to all Public Affairs Council meetings.
Non-members: Join the Council today, and save by registering at the member rate and using the $200 new-member coupon you will receive. Contact our membership team for information about joining the Council.
Questions? Contact us at 202.787.5950.