The new reality that emerged with the COVID19 pandemic has placed a premium on the mastery of digital advocacy and communication tools. Organizations and individuals can no longer afford to rely on traditional tools alone — digital is now critical to success in public affairs.
Join our flagship digital conference #EUDAS20 to learn more about the latest trends and brightest ideas on digital advocacy and communication — in Europe and globally.
Building on the success of previous years, the 2020 European Digital Advocacy Summit will take place on 9 & 10 December. This year we move fully online and will welcome speakers and participants from all over the world.
This virtual summit will give public affairs and communication professionals the opportunity to exchange cutting-edge approaches in digital advocacy, discuss policy challenges and opportunities, and hear from experts and practitioners on successful case studies — from Europe and globally.
Join us to network with your peers online using interactive digital tools and gain fresh insights into topics such as:
- The decade of digital — New trends in a new landscape
- Digital advocacy in exceptional times — What we learned from the lockdown?
- Going digital = Going green? How to promote sustainability through digital advocacy
- Best practices in using digital tools to build reputation and public trust
- Views from across the Atlantic — Trends, campaigns and tactics
- Building diverse and inclusive teams and campaigns
Please note that recordings of most discussions will be available to registrants after the event for a period of 7 days
All stated times are CET (Brussels)
DAY 1: 14:00 – 14:45 Opening discussion
The decade of digital — new trends in a new landscape
- EU digital agenda, misinformation and lockdowns: What forces will shape the digital landscape in the coming years?
- How digital tools empower individuals to communicate with companies and governments, and how such tools enable organizations to better engage in public discourse in the age of COVID19
- How can organisations engage with policymakers in the digital age — both ethically and effectively?
DAY 1: 14:45 – 15:45 Panel discussion
Digital advocacy in exceptional times — What have we learned from the lockdown?
- Successful campaigns in Brussels and beyond, in a turbulent year
- Leveraging digital tools and platforms for policy influence in the EU
- Tools and tactics to help your organisation during a crisis
15:45 – 16:00 Break
DAY 1: 16:00 – 17:00 Choice of 2 breakout sessions:
16:00 – 17:00 Breakout session 1
Crafting a digital strategy that works
- Crafting your digital advocacy strategy in 5 steps
- Analytics and data-driven advocacy
- Digital crisis management — planning for it and managing it
16:00 – 17:00 Breakout session 2
The art and science of persuasion in the digital arena
- Influence vs. persuasion in the EU
- Applying the principles of persuasion to digital storytelling
- Crafting a digital narrative that works for you
DAY 2: 14:00 – 15:00 Panel discussion
Going digital = Going green? How to promote sustainability through digital advocacy
- EU Green Agenda and COVID-19: new frontiers for sustainability?
- How can digital tools promote sustainable business practices?
- Lessons and case studies of digital campaigns on green topics
DAY 2: 15:00 – 15:45 Panel discussion
Views from across the Atlantic — trends, campaigns and tactics
- New tools, tactics and platforms that will help decide the future of digital advocacy and online grassroots movements
- Advocacy examples from relevant industry groups and global brands
- How to use LinkedIn to leverage your network during a lockdown
- Using digital to build global coalitions — in the U.S., in Europe, and beyond
15:45 – 16:00 Break
DAY 2: 16:00 – 17:00 Workshop
Building diverse and inclusive teams and campaigns
- How to use digital tools to advocate and become an ally for positive change
- How to ensure your language or actions are not rooted in bias
- Leveraging digital in internal communications to foster inclusion and participation
Shweta Kulkarni Van Biesen
Director of Communications
Interactive Software Federation of Europe (ISFE)
Director for Communications and Political Outreach
Manager, Advocacy & Government Marketing Solutions
Pablo Pérez Armenteros
Digital Communication Advisor
Former Head of the Social Media Sector of the European Commission
Global Operating Director
Women in Tech
Head of EU Affairs & Interim Head of Group Public Affairs and Sustainability
EU blogger and social media expert
EU Public Affairs Director
Director of Digital and Policy Communications
Public Affairs Council
Head of Digital Advocacy, Public Affairs
International Copper Association
Managing Director, European office
Public Affairs Council
Red Thread EU
Senior Manager, European office
Public Affairs Council
“Great talks about digital advocacy trends this morning at #EUDAS19”
– Camille Brébois, Communication Consultant, LOGOS Public Affairs
“#EUDAS2017 was an incredibly insightful event today. Kudos to the organizer, @andrasbaneth @PACouncil and all the speakers and participants. Thank you. Exciting times for #eucomms indeed!”
– Harold Tor, Head Of Communications, Centre for European Policy Studies
“Thanks to @andrasbaneth and the
#EUDAS2016 crowd for a great day of digital debate! Happy to join & learn.”
– Chris Heron, Communications and Public Affairs Manager, Eurometaux
#EUDAS2015 sharpness & interactions. A very productive day for @UnileverEU thx @andrasbaneth @PACouncil”
– Unilever EU Affairs team
Pricing (excl. VAT @ 21% where applicable):
PAC members: $145
Early-bird pricing until 8 November (excl. VAT @ 21% where applicable):
PAC members: $95
First registrant from an organisation: prices as above
Second registrant: 10% discount
Subsequent registrants: 15% discount
Group discounts do not need to be claimed, and registrations do not need to be made at the same time. The discounts will be applied automatically.
Not sure if your organization is a member of the Public Affairs Council? Check here.
Recordings of most discussions will be available to registrants after the event for a period of 14 days.
We will follow up with you about payment within two working days.
Learn how we collect, use and protect your information by reading our privacy notice at https://pac.org/privacy-notice.
Dr. Giuseppe Porcaro
Head of Communications and Events
Head of Digital, Multimedia
& Internal Communication
EuropeAid, European Commission
Director, Online Sales Organization, Government & Services
Senior Web and Social Media Officer
WWF European Policy Office
Head of Unit for
European Commission’s Directorate General for Communication
European Youth Forum
Account Director – Government
Communication Expert formerly with
President Tajani, Guy Verhofstadt
and European Commission
Communications and Outreach Director