Employees, stakeholders and the public are asking more of corporations and associations when it comes to corporate citizenship. This includes using government affairs resources, like grassroots, to advance social justice, equality, fair elections, living wages, immigration reform and a host of other social causes. Join us for a workshop addressing how to use grassroots advocacy to advance a wide range of non-business issues.
Featured Topic & Speakers
In this program, you’ll gain insight into:
- Creating a process for deciding what social issues your company should actively engage around and leverage grassroots advocacy for
- Identifying potential pitfalls or challenges when activating employees, members or consumers
- How to communicate and navigate controversial or political topics
- Case studies on how organizations are using grassroots for non-business issues
10:00 a.m. Strategy and Planning Social Issue Oriented Grassroots
Organizations cannot get involved in every single social or political issue. Learn how organizations are deciding when to act and engage on non-business issues. Hear from advocacy and public affairs experts who will discuss:
- Developing an issue identification and prioritization process
- Identifying areas that are core to the company or association’s mission
- Crafting communications to employees, customers or members on social issues
- Strategies for engaging partners, business allies or trade associations
11:00 a.m. Networking Break
11:15 a.m. Case Study: Using Grassroots for Good
This session will delve into how organizations have effectively used grassroots advocacy to address pressing social or non-business issues.
Join our advocacy expert for a discussion on:
- Winning internal approval for grassroots campaigns
- Leveraging your government affairs resources
- Communicating internally and using these campaigns to educate your supporters
12:15 p.m. Adjourn
+ Click to expand
This program will be hosted in a secure virtual environment.
*Participants joining the program virtually will receive an email one week beforehand with instructions for logging on to our web-based platform. On the platform, they will be able to listen and participate through any computer or internet-enabled device, see a video of the speakers, and ask questions and participate in the discussion via a chat box.
+ Click to expand
- Members: $289
- Non-Members: $399
Additional discounts may apply to this meeting. These discounts may include:
For multiple registrants: A discount will apply to the standard member/non-member rate for organizations that register two or more participants for the same meeting. The first registrant will pay full price, the second participant will receive a 10% discount and each additional registrant will receive a 15% discount. To register multiple participants, you may either register online or download the print and fax registration form.
Member discounts: Discounts for members are applied to all Public Affairs Council meetings.
Non-members: Join the Council today, and save by registering at the member rate and using the $200 new-member coupon you will receive. Contact our membership team for information about joining the Council.
Questions? Contact us at 202.787.5950.