Global advocacy requires a strategic approach that considers public affairs from a multi-market perspective. Defining goals, strategies and tactics that are globally aligned but locally based is an essential step to succeed at the global, regional and country levels.
Featured Topic & Speakers
This workshop will deep dive on two important elements of global advocacy:
- Session 1: Strategic planning for global public affairs: A step-by-step breakdown of the strategic planning process, including integrating core business priorities with your function’s goals, defining your action items and developing effective advocacy tactics that will help to demonstrate the value of your work.
- Session 2: Case studies of successful global campaigns: Global public affairs practitioners will walk through case studies of effective international public affairs campaigns, including practical lessons on what works — and what doesn’t. This session will emphasize challenges of global advocacy work and ways to overcome them.
Speaker information coming soon!
1:30p.m. Strategic Planning for Global Public Affairs
Strategic planning is an overarching pillar of global public affairs. This session will cover the fundamentals of creating, implementing and managing that plan, and answer how to:
- Integrate core business priorities with your function’s goals
- Develop a business mindset so that senior management understands how public affairs helps mitigate risk and open new business opportunities
- Develop and implement strategies that ensure effective cross-border coordination and issue management
- Engage senior leadership and achieve key executive buy-in for your efforts
- Define objectives, risks and opportunities, key stakeholders, and both planned and reactive strategy elements
2:30p.m. Networking Break
2:45p.m. Global Advocacy: Case Studies for Success
From initial strategy to assessment of tactics, our presenter will walk through several case studies of effective international public affairs campaign, including practical lessons you can apply to your work. This session will feature an interactive discussion with participants that will focus on the challenges of global advocacy, and best practices for overcoming them.
+ Click to expand
Public Affairs Council
2121 K Street, NW
Washington, DC 20037
*Participants joining the program virtually will receive an email one week beforehand with instructions for logging on to our web-based platform. On the platform, they will be able to listen and participate through any computer or internet-enabled device, see a video of the speakers, and ask questions and participate in the discussion via a chat box.
+ Click to expand
- Members: $289
- Non-Members: $399
Additional discounts may apply to this meeting. These discounts may include:
For multiple registrants: A discount will apply to the standard member/non-member rate for organizations that register two or more participants for the same meeting. The first registrant will pay full price, the second participant will receive a 10% discount and each additional registrant will receive a 15% discount. To register multiple participants, you may either register online or download the print and fax registration form.
Member discounts: Discounts for members are applied to all Public Affairs Council meetings.
Non-members: Join the Council today, and save by registering at the member rate and using the $200 new-member coupon you will receive. Contact our membership team for information about joining the Council.
Questions? Contact us at 202.787.5950.