Public affairs teams are busier than ever, managing multiple issue and advocacy campaigns while working collaboratively across departments and projects. Reconciling differences and breaking down internal silos can be difficult – but it’s integral to success. Join us to learn specific project and people management tools that will help you fine-tune your public affairs function, improve communication with your teams and keep projects on track.
Featured Topic & Speakers
In this workshop, you’ll gain insight into:
- Core project management strategies to maximize your public affairs team’s performance
- Ways to create a sense of responsibility among your team and define project scope and deliverables
- Realistic and scalable plans, complete with a schedule and progress checks
- Ways to communicate progress and timelines to internal stakeholders that creates appreciation and buy-in for public affairs work
1:30 p.m. Project Management Essentials
This workshop will cover core project management skills and principles to help your team work smarter and more effectively. Learn to streamline how you create, plan and carry out your public affairs initiatives. We’ll explore tested project management techniques and ways to apply them to maximize your results.
This workshop will cover:
- Identifying needs and building a scalable plan
- Determining who should be involved and how to delegate tasks
- Managing day-to-day workflow and spotting peak periods and pressure points
- Creating a sense of ownership among your team and defining deliverables
- Suggestions for managing successful campaigns across departments
- Communicating progress and timelines to internal stakeholders in a way that creates appreciation and greater buy-in for public affairs efforts
2:45 – 3 p.m. Break
3:45 p.m. Adjourn
+ Click to expand
This program will be hosted in a secure virtual environment
*Participants joining the program virtually will receive an email one week beforehand with instructions for logging on to our web-based platform. On the platform, they will be able to listen and participate through any computer or internet-enabled device, see a video of the speakers, and ask questions and participate in the discussion via a chat box.
+ Click to expand
- Membership Plus: Free
- Members: $289
- Non-Members: $399
Additional discounts may apply to this meeting. These discounts may include:
For multiple registrants: A discount will apply to the standard member/non-member rate for organizations that register two or more participants for the same meeting. The first registrant will pay full price, the second participant will receive a 10% discount and each additional registrant will receive a 15% discount. To register multiple participants, you may either register online or download the print and fax registration form.
Member discounts: Discounts for members are applied to all Public Affairs Council meetings.
Non-members: Join the Council today, and save by registering at the member rate and using the $200 new-member coupon you will receive. Contact our membership team for information about joining the Council.
Questions? Contact us at 202.787.5950.