COVID-19 Information and FAQ's
The safety of our members is of paramount importance to us. We will continue to closely monitor CDC and local guidelines, and our safety protocols will meet those guidelines. Any updates or changes in protocol will be communicated in a timely manner. Please find more information linked here on current local guidelines in Alexandria, VA as well as CDC guidelines.
Will masks be present?
The Public Affairs Council is closely monitoring federal, state and local guidelines as the COVID-19 situation evolves. The Council will follow CDC and local guidance as they stand at the time of the meeting regarding policies on masks and public safety. These policies will be communicated to attendees prior to arriving on-site.
Will the event be socially-distanced?
We will not require six feet of social distance among attendees, but attendance will be capped at a limited capacity to provide increased spacing between attendees.
How will meals and receptions work?
Our networking lunches and breakfasts will be held indoors and served in a safe, hygienic fashion by hotel employees wearing masks. We will also provide an overflow area for outdoor dining for lunch only, on a limited basis for those not comfortable removing their masks indoors. Our networking reception will be held outdoors, weather-permitting. In the event of inclement weather, the reception will be moved indoors, but attendance is optional.
What other safety precautions will be in place?
We will have hand sanitizer available throughout the conference and will recommend that attendees avoid physical contact such as handshaking and wash their hands frequently. We will also ask all attendees to sign a code of conduct agreement, which will include an agreement to stay home from the conference in the case of symptoms or exposure to COVID-19.
As of July 2021, Hilton has developed and has in place EventReady with CleanStay, a global meetings and events program designed to create event experiences that are clean, flexible, safe and socially responsible. Policies will continually be updated based on CDC guidelines and hotel policies. Hilton EventReady with CleanStay features:
- Hilton Corporate continues to mandate that their staff wear masks and when serving food, gloves are worn.
- Provide elevated cleanliness and sanitation across the entire attendee journey. A cleaning protocol checklist is completed to verify an event space is sanitized and disinfected thirty minutes prior to event start.
- Hilton CleanStay Event Room Seal is applied once the room is properly cleaned, set and EventReady.
- Sanitizing Stations will have prominence in primary entryways as well as key high traffic areas including inside and outside event space(s), meal and beverage service areas, public restrooms and congregating areas.
- Industry-leading contactless check-in and check-out with Digital Key at more than 4,700 properties globally.
- Hilton considers the following areas as high touch points and provides continuous cleaning between sessions along with having Lysol wipes available to all in the meeting rooms: tables, chairs, door pulls, thermostat and lighting controls; room phones; stationary room furniture; podium and stage items; a/v equipment; sanitizing stations.
What if I register as an in-person participant, but then change my mind. Can I get a refund?
The Public Affairs Council will update participants on our COVID-19 safety precautions in more detail 30 days prior to the conference. You may cancel your registration and receive a full refund 21 days or more before the conference. 20 days or fewer before the conference, our usual cancellation policy will apply.
If you would like to change your registration from In-Person Participation to the Bonus Recorded Content ONLY, cancellation fees will be waived and you will be refunded the difference between your In-Person Registration and the Bonus Recorded Content fee. If you opt to change your registration from In-Person to the Bonus Recorded Content, your registration is non-cancelable/non-refundable after that change has been processed.
Any registrants exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms or who have been exposed to COVID-19 within 10 days of the conference MUST cancel their in-person registration, transfer it to another person, or transfer to Bonus Recorded Content Only. In this event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
In-person attendance is eligible for 4 credits towards the Certificate in PAC & Grassroots Management , 4 credits toward the Certificate in Public Affairs Management and 6 credits toward the Certificate in Government Relations and Lobbying.
Virtual content only registration is eligible for 2 credits towards the Certificate in PAC & Grassroots Management , 2 credits toward the Certificate in Public Affairs Management and 2 credits toward the Certificate in Government Relations and Lobbying.