1075-E Program Administrator (Supervising) (Water Education & Volunteer Program Supervisor)
1075-E PROGRAM ADMINISTRATOR (SUPERVISING) (Water Education & Volunteer Program Supervisor)
$9,673.73 – $12,388.13 Monthly
The Supervising Program Administrator for the Water Education and Volunteer Program in the Office of Civic Engagement under the External Affairs Division will be responsible for the management and oversight of the Education Outreach Program, the Water Supply Tour Program (which includes Pacheco Expansion Project and the Recycled/Purified Water Program) and the Year-Round Volunteer Program. The position will have direct responsibility in ensuring the successful implementation of the new expanded Water Supply Tour Program to engage the community on the vast efforts Valley Water is undertaking to ensure long-term and sustainable safe, clean water supply. The position will also oversee the performance and activities of the Education Outreach Program, ensuring the successful delivery of enrichment programming to school aged youth in Santa Clara County. Additionally, the position will be responsible for growing the year-round volunteer efforts, developing new volunteer opportunities, implementing strategies for the recruitment and retention of volunteers, and the programmatic management of the annual Water 101 Academy.
The Supervising Program Administrator will ensure the adherence to program goals and workplan objectives, policies, procedures and priorities and will monitor and evaluate and report on the efficiency and effectiveness of each program and service delivery methods. They will use their analytical skills to assess program needs, recommend modifications for improved efficiency and incorporate modifications.
This position supervises: two PIR III positions; three PIR II positions; and a team of interns and temporary staff.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identify, develop and implement communication objectives and strategies to enhance stakeholder and public engagement.
- Schedule a variety of educational events, organize and arrange comprehensive training for students from the 4th to 8th grade.
- Outreach to build and sustain a volunteer Docent support group.
- Develop, review and implement program schedules, activities and operations.
- Expanded Water Supply Tour Program
- Oversee the development and production of all Pacheco expansion project and recycled/purified water outreach materials, including key messages, brochures, fact sheets, presentations, FAQs, signage, banners, displays, videos, internal and external articles.
- Ensure timely deliverables for the Recycled/Purified Water Outreach Program.
- Oversee and manage the outreach tour program, plan training materials and schedule events.
- Manage public perception surveys for the Recycled/Purified Water Outreach Program.
- Direct and oversee consultants and external outreach professionals.
- Make presentations to the community and prepare special reports and provide updates to the Board, Board committees, including advisory committees, ad hoc committees, management and external stakeholders, joint committees.
- Manage the Water 101 Academy, including leading the project team, oversee and participate in project team efforts, goals and objectives to organize the resources required to perform the tasks.
- Develop strategies and tools to recruit and retain volunteers.
- Assign work to team members to carry out project plan and objectives.
- Monitor and review program to ensure accuracy and efficiency of activities.
For all programs:
- Interpret regulatory requirements and proposals and advise Valley Water staff.
- Develop new processes and procedures to meet new or anticipated requirements.
- Participate in the development and administration of the program annual budget with the OCE Manager; forecast funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials and supplies; approve expenditures and recommend budgetary adjustments to unit manager as appropriate and necessary.
- Prepare and distribute correspondence as related to all programs’ operation.
- Oversee, assign, review and evaluate the work of staff and provide training to assigned staff.
- Technically lead staff, including temps or interns, evaluate the effectiveness of the effort and make improvements, develop processes and procedures associated with the program.
Closing Date for Applications: March 30, 2020
For detailed information regarding requirements and qualifications for this opening and to apply online, please see the job posting by clicking on the following link: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/scvwd
For details, please visit our website: www.valleywater.org
Phone Number: 408-630-2260
Job posted: 2020-03-08