81602 – Sr Manager, CEO Communications
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
Senior Manager, CEO Communications
AMD is looking for an experienced professional to be an integral part of the CEO Communications team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in semiconductors or technology and experience collaborating closely with senior executives to develop communications strategies and deliverables. Working directly with the CMO and head of corporate communications, he/she will be responsible for the development and execution of internal and external CEO communications that help both the CEO and AMD accomplish its business, brand, and communications goals. This is a unique opportunity to play a very active communications role supporting a high-profile CEO and technology company during an exciting time of growth.
The ideal person will be able to understand and articulate both the AMD strategy and differentiated industry position while bringing a creative, business-focused storytelling sensibility to every project. They must also have a track record of translating business results and product messaging into high-quality speeches and presentations. Strong writing, organizational and project management skills, confidentiality, and an emphasis on quality and detail while working on several projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment are also critical. Candidate must have a proven track record to build and cultivate cross-company relationships to ensure an end-to-end focus when developing communications strategies and deliverables. The role will be hands-on in the development of communications strategy and content for the CEO.
- Play an active role in the development and execution of a comprehensive communications plan for the CEO, with clearly defined objectives, channels, priority relationships, storylines, speaking engagement targets, timelines, and measures for success
- Collaborate closely with the CMO and head of corporate communications to provide communications advice and deliverables that reflect a deep understanding of the business and CEO voice
- Lead the development of an expanded social and owned media strategy aligned with broader AMD business objectives
- Work hand-in-hand with key members of the public relations, industry analyst relations, internal communications, investor relations, and business unit teams to ensure consistent messaging across multiple programs and campaigns
- Build and write multiple communications on behalf of the CEO, incorporating external speaking events, global all-employee meetings, internal memos, videos, presentations, social media, etc.
- Stay current on trends, social issues, industry news to anticipated and plan for ongoing communications needs
- Significant experience developing and executing comprehensive executive communication programs across a variety of deliverables and audiences
- Ability to navigate in a very fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Quick learner with an ability to rapidly adjust to changes
- Comfortable engaging with senior executives
- Collaborate teammate who encourages feedback and working cross-functionally
- Strong media relationships with marquee business publications
- All candidates must submit a portfolio of material that demonstrates writing and communication planning capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-11-17