Account Director, Client Experience, Social Impact
Weber Shandwick is seeking a talented Account Director to join our Social Impact team in Washington, D.C. We are looking for someone who is passionate about corporate purpose and the promise Stakeholder Capitalism has to transform how we address serious challenges from climate change to racial justice to health equity.
As an Account Director, you will work closely with senior and junior staff members across several teams (corporate, consumer, public affairs, analytics, digital and more) to create and implement integrated communications campaigns. You will bring a passion for media relations, earning attention for our clients’ ideas and shaping strategies to convert into coverage in top-tier media outlets. You will lead in the development of strategies to drive visibility and engagement among key audiences. This role is client facing with additional responsibilities and opportunities to support new business efforts.
The ideal candidate should be a proactive team player who thrives in a fast-paced, always-changing environment. To be successful in this role, this individual must have a solid integrated communications background, understanding how to leverage earned, owned and paid channels. Ideally, you will have subject matter proficiency in issues that matter to our clients, such as sustainability and climate change, impact investing, environmental, social, and governance (ESG) considerations, purpose, global development and public-private partnerships. You must have exceptional project management skills and the desire to be involved in all aspects of the work we do, from helping to build strategy to executing flawlessly.
- Take first draft in the development of integrated earned, owned and paid communications and engagement campaigns for clients who are advancing new and exciting ways to ensure their business has a positive social and environmental impact
- Serve as day-to-day client-lead on assigned accounts, driving progress against communications strategy, project managing workflow against client budgets and ensuring flawless work product delivery
- Develop effective and trusted relationships with media and conduct ongoing outreach to media on behalf of clients’ priorities
- Inform the development of creative and editorial assets that will resonate with priority audiences
- Conduct research and provide counsel on topics, such as corporate sustainability, purpose leadership, public-private partnerships, the UN Sustainable Development Goals, investor interest in ESG and diversity, equity and inclusion
- Contribute to Social Impact’s ongoing thought leadership, including writing posts for our Purpose Decoded Medium site, identifying trends and insights for our weekly newsletter and managing our Twitter handle
- Mentor junior staff to proactively build integrated communications skills
- Support new business efforts
- 7-9 years of experience in PR, strategic communications and/or marketing
- Experience in working broadly in social impact, including sustainability or climate change campaigns or to advance progress on critical social justice issues – either within an agency, the private sector or in political or advocacy campaigns
- Experience in securing earned media coverage in top-tier publications
- Understanding of how to conceptualize and build integrated communications campaigns
- Experience working closely with several types of teams including creative, strategy, media planning and public affairs
- Ability to manage multiple projects at various stages simultaneously
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary team
- Demonstrated success translating client needs into workable plans/projects
- Demonstrated success managing teams and budgets and executing programs
- Resilient mindset, deep curiosity and a healthy sense of humor
- Experience with a wide range of social media platforms and community management and analytics tools including but not limited to: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, social platforms’ native analytics offerings, Google Analytics, Brandwatch, Sprinklr, HootSuite, Quid, TalkWalker
- Excellent written skills across longer form content and ability to create effective PowerPoint presentations
- A clear communicator and persuasive presenter
- Ability to think strategically and proactively anticipate client needs
- Strong organizational, time and budget management and project management skills
- Ability and desire to quickly learn new systems and tools
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Best Places to Work in 2019 and was the only PR firm designated an Ad Age A-List Agency Standout in 2017 and 2018. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications.
Our Social Impact team creates brave, data-informed creative solutions for purpose-led companies and on social issues. Our work spans all 17 of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. We work with leading companies, global foundations and multinational organizations.
Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com.
Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination prior to start date, unless eligible for a medical or religious accommodation or other accommodation required under applicable law.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-11-08