Account Director, Corporate Communications
In a world of exponential change, BCW is a creative business that solves complex problems by #Moving People. This starts with our people.
Our core belief is that the growth of our people fuels the growth of our clients, which powers the growth of our agency. So, across our global BCW team, we share a common practice: cultivating an open, curious mindset that is committed to learning.
We know we learn best when Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility (I.D.E.A.) are embedded into everything we do for our people, agency, clients and communities we serve. We wholly believe that creating truly inclusive and innovative solutions by growing talent that mirrors the marketplace is critical to our success. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from talent across all dimensions of race/ethnicity, LGBTQ, differently abled and veteran status to come and grow with us. At BCW, we move and we grow. We create, contribute and challenge, but we don’t conform. Instead, we transform.
BCW is seeking to hire an Account Director for its Corporate Communications Practice. The Account Director will function as the daily client manager for a major financial client with a focus on media strategy (traditional business media/trades and integrated digital content) in addition to internal communications, change management and employee engagement. Other client industry verticals where a role can be played may include technology (enterprise and consumer) as well as retail. The ideal candidate is passionate about storytelling, a strong writer who can drive content development, and media relations campaigns that truly engage audiences.
- Demonstrates strong client management skills. Ability to influence, persuade and counsel senior level stakeholders.
- Experience managing up and down within a collaborative and inclusive team environment.
- Plays a significant role in the research, planning and development of strategic and creative corporate communications programs and campaigns.
- Maintain strong relationships with business media outlets both traditional, trade and digital.
- Craft exceptional written deliverables and content for both traditional, digital/social and internal platforms. Wide breadth of materials is desired from White Papers to press releases.
- Manages the execution of PR programs and campaigns including change management/internal initiatives and employee engagement efforts.
- Develop client content, including contributed articles, press releases, media pitches, and digital content.
- Proactive media relations to achieve quality, high-impact placements on a regular basis.
- Understand the client’s overall business objectives and strategies in order to effectively promote specific campaigns.
- Involvement with new business efforts, including playing an active role in pitches and the drafting of pitch and proposal materials.
- Minimum of 5+ years of previous public relations work experience in an PR agency preferred.
- Demonstrated media relations success including strategy development and top-tier relationships across traditional and digital business media.
- Prior experience serving as a day-to-day account lead and overseeing a team.
- Blended background in both account management and media relations with an emphasis on content development and storytelling.
- Advanced writing skills, ability to write for senior level management and audiences.
- Ability to manage complex relationships diplomatically and consultatively.
- Ability to think innovatively; develop creative solutions and new programs.
- Ability to manage teams and individuals to enable them to perform to their fullest potential.
- Desire to work in and support a diverse and inclusive organization.
More about BCW:
BCW (Burson Cohn & Wolfe), one of the world’s largest full-service global communications and public relations agencies, is in the business of moving people on behalf of clients. Founded by the merger of Burson-Marsteller and Cohn & Wolfe, BCW delivers digitally and data-driven creative content and integrated communications programs grounded in earned media and scaled across all channels for clients in the B2B, consumer, corporate, crisis management, CSR, healthcare, public affairs and technology sectors. BCW is a part of WPP (NYSE: WPP), a creative transformation company.
To act. To inspire. To change. We take an analytical approach to obsess over every detail, then add real emotion and creativity to connect with people’s lives and their communities. We’re #MovingPeople – join us.
BCW is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EEO, AAE, MF/Disability/Vet, and we are proud of our diverse workforce.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee’s Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-03