Account Director – Healthcare PR
In a world of exponential change, BCW is a creative business that solves complex problems by #Moving People. This starts with our people.
Our core belief is that the growth of our people fuels the growth of our clients, which powers the growth of our agency. So, across our global BCW team, we share a common practice: cultivating an open, curious mindset that is committed to learning.
We know we learn best when Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility (I.D.E.A) are embedded into everything we do for our people, agency, clients and communities we serve. We wholly believe that creative truly inclusive and innovative solutions by growing talent that mirrors the marketplace is critical to our success. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from talent across all dimensions of race/ethnicity, LGBTQ, differently abled and veteran status to come and grow with us.
At BCW, we move and we grow. We create, contribute and challenge, but we don’t conform. Instead, we transform.
We are looking for an Account Director to join our best-in-class Healthcare practice here in NYC. This person will be leading account activities at a strategic level for one of our marquee accounts.
You will be managing all day to day activities for the client and ensure the overall strategic vision, and tactical execution, is in line with the client’s objectives. You will be a leader in our business with an expectation to manage all client communication, key internal stakeholders and a junior team of high performers. This is an opportunity for someone looking to take on a true leadership role and help to shape a rapidly growing healthcare practice.
We are in need of someone who understands the healthcare space and can help propel our group to even further growth.
When you ask people about their motivation for working in the healthcare industry, you will get essentially the same answer: to improve and save people’s lives.
Within the BCW Health Solution, we’d add our motivation is driven by the intrinsic challenge of combining art with science, data with insights and influence with impact.
Ultimately, we move minds and change behavior to improve people’s lives.
Our clients tackle global healthcare challenges from the most severe to the most common. We help brands and companies connect powerfully with their audiences’ heads and hearts. By being ready to communicate in unconventional ways, we challenge conventional thinking, which triggers lasting change for good.
What you’ll do as you move with us:
- Demonstrate leadership in providing strategic counsel to client and show mastery of all aspects of client management
- Oversee a wide range of media outreach activities and measure results for clients
- Own the brainstorm process; see the need, lead the brainstorm, and begin to identify other team members who have the potential of becoming good brainstorm facilitators
- Flesh out ideas as they relate to client objectives and learn how to bring them to life in presentations and written proposals
- Showcase a command of both digital and traditional communication practices and strategies
- Lead and mentor junior team members to build a culture of high performance
Experience that contributes to your success:
- 7+ years of related communications experience working with healthcare clients (pharmaceuticals); PR agency experience preferred
- Pharmaceutical industry specific knowledge to serve as an ambassador for BCW in the healthcare field
- Experience managing large programs from start to finish
- Impeccable client relationship skills and experience working with high touch healthcare clients; confident engaging clients regularly and delivering recommendations
- Ability to lead a team as a manager, supervisor and mentor
- Ability to work with vendors and manage out of pocket budgets
- Understanding of the integration of social media + traditional media
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills along with strong attention to detail
- Ability to push the envelope and think outside of the box
- Desire to work in a diverse and inclusive organization as an active participant in culture initiatives, training opportunities and employee resource groups
More about BCW:
BCW (Burson Cohn & Wolfe), one of the world’s largest full-service global communications and public relations agencies, is in the business of moving people on behalf of clients. Founded by the merger of Burson-Marsteller and Cohn & Wolfe, BCW delivers digitally and data-driven creative content and integrated communications programs grounded in earned media and scaled across all channels for clients in the B2B, consumer, corporate, crisis management, CSR, healthcare, public affairs and technology sectors. BCW is a part of WPP (NYSE: WPP), a creative transformation company.
To act. To inspire. To change. We take an analytical approach to obsess over every detail, then add real emotion and creativity to connect with people’s lives and their communities. We’re #MovingPeople – join us.
BCW is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EEO, AAE, MF/Disability/Vet, and we are proud of our diverse workforce.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee’s Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-23