Account Director (Media Relations and Strategy)
ACCOUNT DIRECTOR (Media Relations and Strategy)
Veteran campaigners, communicators, designers, strategists, storytellers, web developers and true-believers. We love what we do. We’re results-driven. And we only work with clients we believe in.
We move public opinion. We win tough fights. We tell stories simply, and with maximum impact. We offer comprehensive communication services: from earned media to paid, and social media to owned content. Copy and design. We do it all.
• Industry-leading benefits, including ample paid time off.
• 617MediaGroup is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
• A newshound with a proven track record of pitching and placing media at the highest levels.
• A skilled campaigner and communicator who knows what it takes to win high-stakes campaigns.
• A mission-driven strategist who’s dedicated to criminal justice reform, ideally with relevant agency, advocacy, and / or journalism experience.
• Managing media relations and strategy nationally and in key states for groundbreaking efforts to reduce over-incarceration.
• Writing and producing top-notch communications materials that move public opinion and get results.
• Demonstrated ability to drive high-impact media campaigns and generate high-value placements in major media for social justice causes.
• Eager to make a difference for the public good.
• Demonstrated history of working in support of progressive causes.
• Demonstrated commitment to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
• Client management and client relations experience a plus.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
• Effectiveness at solving problems, whether taking charge independently or working with a team.
Job posted: 2021-04-09