JOB DESCRIPTION: ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
ROKK Solutions is a full-service, bipartisan public affairs firm that provides its clients with winning communications strategies designed to influence policy and sway opinion. We are currently looking for an experienced and hard-working individual to join our public affairs shop as an Account Executive. The Account Executive executes the tactics of ROKK client campaigns, contributes to and executes on client strategies, and participates in timely communications with client POCs.
- Drafting and editing written materials such as op-eds, press releases, social media content, client memos and marketing presentations
- Generating ideas and tactics that advance our client’s public affairs objectives
- Project management as assigned by client team leads
- Daily interaction with clients via conference calls, e-mail and in-person meetings
- Generating media interest in our clients’ initiatives and strengthening relationships with key media outlets
- Managing social media accounts for communications campaigns
- Staying abreast of our clients’ interests through research and media monitoring
- Ability and willingness to work with interns and associate account executives to build the skillsets of more junior team members.
- Three- five years of full-time communications experience working for a public affairs agency, the legislative or executive branches of government, political campaigns, corporations or a trade association.
- Strong verbal, written, research and presentation skills
- Experience pitching and placing national print and broadcast stories
- Digital fluency and a strong understanding of how to best leverage relevant social media platforms
- A healthy appetite for news and information, especially related to current affairs, politics and policy
- The ability to work independently and multi-task, with strong organizational and time management skills
- A willingness to offer creativity, a can-do attitude and enthusiasm for upleveling their own skill set
- An understanding of the federal legislative process
- A strong attention to detail and demonstrated ability to prioritize competing tasks on tight deadlines
- An ability to anticipate challenges and proactively suggest solutions
- A desire to work in a fun, fluid and fast-paced start-up environment
- Respect for a culturally-diverse team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, OS platforms; InDesign knowledge a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Political Science, or related field
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please send cover letters and resumes to email@example.com. Only applications sent to firstname.lastname@example.org will be considered.
Job posted: 2020-08-17