Account Executive, Digital Public Affairs
Daniel J Edelman Holdings
Looking to shape the most pressing policy issues facing corporations today and in the future? Eager to design and execute ingenious data-driven public affairs strategies and issue campaigns on behalf of some of the world’s most successful organizations and industries? Possess a passion to shape some of the biggest policy debates in the country and influencing political outcomes? Do you keep one hand on the digital pulse, eager to test the newest learnings to create positive outcomes for clients?
Edelman is in search of a digital public affairs Account Executive to join our Washington DC team. We are looking for someone who understands the intersection of digital media, politics and issues management and the role digital plays in shaping opinions and winning on issues.
We’ve built our digital public affairs practice by understanding the roles culture, commerce and media play in shaping opinions, advancing issues and driving outcomes. With this in mind, we collaborate in leveraging digital and social tools to engage key audiences, promote our clients’ positions and protect their license to operate. We combine deep digital expertise with Edelman’s incredible communications marketing credentials and scale to create impactful and measurable outcomes for our clients.
- Apply your experience leveraging paid, earned, and owned media initiatives to driving outcomes at the Federal, State and Local levels for clients
- Lead digital and social marketing initiatives by applying cutting edge tools, technologies and approaches to identifying, engaging, and activating select stakeholders
- Assist in day-to-day operations of client business
- Collaborate with team to design integrated data driven programs to achieve outcomes on critical issues across multiple sectors including, energy, healthcare, technology, and trade
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of digital-first policy and creative solutions and how they complement field, traditional and earned media efforts
- Collaborate in scenario planning, strategy and thought leadership sessions with internal staff and clients
- Work with internal and external partners, including industry coalitions, international consortiums and working groups
- Counsel clients on strategies to promote and protect their business in current and future political climate
- Manage advocacy campaign execution, monitoring, research and online influencer engagement projects, program measurement and budgets
- 1+ year demonstrated track record of executing successful digital and social media corporate and public affairs programs with aggressive timelines is preferred
- Excellent client and interpersonal skills; ability to manage independent client relationships and communicate effectively by phone, email, and in-person
- Superior ability to research, write and edit documents and content to ensure clarity, persuasion, and polish
- Works well in a team-based environment that focuses on outcomes, not process
- Excellent communication skills and experience providing sound counsel and recommendations on how the business is operated and managed
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Experience in the energy, healthcare/pharma, and technology sectors is strongly desired
- Experience working on Capitol Hill or with State Legislatures is strongly desired
- The account executive must have at least one year of relevant experience in public relations and/or related fields including research, advertising, management consulting, media, and publishing.
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
For more information please visit: www.edelman.com
Click here to view a short video about life at Edelman.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Job posted: 2021-02-25