Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Account Executive Health Public Relations
Porter Novelli is a global purpose communication consultancy with offices across the US and internationally in London, Mexico City, and Canada. Our mission is to work with clients to find their authentic ambition to make a positive impact on society. We craft a unique brand position and build internal and external communication strategies that drive perception and the bottom line. We know that having a clear purpose is essential to building a customer base that will support and advocate on behalf of any organization in any situation. And we can prove that companies with recognized values and vision perform better, year over year. This is our value proposition and our heritage. It’s what sets Porter Novelli apart.
The Account Executive | Healthcare will join a dynamic healthcare team, which is Porter Novelli’s largest practice globally. This is a new position to work with a leading global pharmaceutical client that chose Porter Novelli to work on its GI business. We’d love to tap your healthcare experience with pharmaceutical clients.
As an Account Executive on our team you will be provided with a clearly defined and well-supported path for career growth. That growth may include working with our other leading pharma clients in therapeutic categories including respiratory, depression, oncology, vaccines, HIV or with world-renowned hospital systems. Overall, the work is an interesting blend of product, corporate, advocacy and issues management.
What You Will Be Doing
- Plan and execute client programs under the guidance and direction of an Account Supervisor or higher-level supervisor
- Develop and edit written materials including press releases, fact sheets and general client correspondence
- Lead media relations efforts including media list development, creative pitch ideation, outreach and relationship building
- Assess media trends and identify/evaluate opportunities that amplify to client priorities
- Manage all aspects of event execution, including media relations efforts, vendor coordination and staffing
- Generate ideas for programs that map to client objectives and conduct relevant research
The Experience That Will Contribute To Your Success
- Enormous commitment to making a difference in healthcare PR
- Work in the consumer/pharma healthcare space contributing to an understanding of the rules and regulations governing the space
- Client contact leading to a good foundation of client relationship skills
- At 1 least year of PR/communications experience, PR agency experience will be advantageous
- Traditional PR experiences coupled with proficiency in social media
- Balanced organized workstyle allowing for equal success whether stepping up and driving work independently or collaborating within the team
- Sureness in all the skills one would expect at this level including understanding the regulatory environment; confident style in communicating and engaging with clients; project management and a solution-oriented approach to work; writing; content development; presenting; digital; social; preference for working as part of a highly collaborative team; professional and positive attitude
The anticipated salary range for this position is $55,000 – $65,000. Salary is based on a range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. Benefits at Porter Novelli include a range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match and generous paid time off benefits are also available. Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Our ambition is simple – to become the most passionately recommended agency in the world. If you are a communications professional that shares our Social Purpose values of embracing imagination, collaborating fiercely, digging deeply, standing up for the right idea, liberating greatness and making a positive impact there’s a home for you at Porter Novelli—Join Us.
Porter Novelli is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in any aspect of employment against any person on account of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam era or other eligible veteran, age, marital status, veteran status, or physical or mental handicap unrelated in nature and extent to an individual’s ability to perform a job or any other characteristic protected by the employment discrimination laws in any state or political subdivision in which Porter Novelli does business.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2023-05-14