Account Executive, Higher Ed and Tech Public Relations
Named one of America’s best PR agencies by Forbes, BerlinRosen is a leading national public relations and strategic communications firm delivering high impact media, digital strategy and advertising to top advocacy organizations, global tech companies, major real estate developers, and progressive political candidates.
ABOUT THE TECH TEAM
BerlinRosen’s burgeoning Technology and Innovation practice represents some of the biggest newsmakers defining the future of education, technology, finance and urban innovation. Our clients include Barnard, General Assembly, Per Scholas, Samsung, Sidewalk Labs, and Bloomberg Media, to name a few.
With a team of over 20 communications professionals, we bring a unique campaign-style approach to strategic communications for clients in the technology sector, combining expert strategy and nimble execution with the creativity and speed of a startup.
We are news junkies, publicists, former campaigners, journalists, and expert communications professionals obsessed with compelling storytelling.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
We are looking for an Account Executive to join our rapidly growing team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with at least 3 years of communications experience who enjoys securing placement and coverage for executive thought leadership and elevating feature storytelling. Ideally, you love following culture news and are a reader of outlets like The Atlantic, The New Yorker, and The Cut. In this role, you will harness your knowledge of cultural trends to conceptualize and pitch creative story angles for our clients, establishing strong media relationships for clients with few hard news moments. This person needs to be comfortable thinking abstractly/conceptually/academically. If this level of ownership interests you and you are a strong writer with experience working directly with executive leaders, this may be a great fit.
Note: BerlinRosen is remote through at least April 2021. This role will be based in New York, New York when we return to our offices (date TBD).
As an Account Executive on the Technology team, you will:
- Conceptualize and drive new story angles and other media opportunities for clients: such as landing feature stories for clients even when there is no news to announce, or drafting a persuasive and compelling pitch on behalf of a client for a high-profile interview, award, or conference
- Place numerous stories through persistence and creativity: identifying new targets and trying new approaches until the story is landed
- Be an active participant on client calls: you will contribute to brainstorming, flagging concerns, and problem-solving during weekly check-ins with executive members of our client teams
- Write high-quality client deliverables without any typos or mistakes, including talking points, op-eds, and media plans
- Drive day-to-day execution with little guidance and stay on track of client deliverables
- Develop insights-driven media research and analysis that can be quickly used to inform key client strategies and presentations
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
Our ideal candidate can demonstrate or possesses the following:
- At least 3 years of experience in communications: covering higher ed, tech, or women’s issues; PR agency experience preferred
- Strong storytelling: must be able to provide examples of op-eds, pitches, and other materials that clearly demonstrate these skills
- Versatile writer: comfortable and well versed in writing in an informal, conversational tone and addressing people more formally when necessary
- Demonstrated savviness and creativity in media relations and pitching: know how to identify new targets and thoughtful angles until the story is landed
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively and with confidence, both verbally and in writing, with varying levels of staff, clients, the media, and is comfortable thinking on their feet
- Organized and used to a fast-paced environment: proven ability to handle multiple assignments at once, work quickly, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to become a savvy and nimble student of the “news” and quickly identify new media opportunities and narratives to insert our clients’ voices into the news cycle
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
BerlinRosen will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role, including:
- A positive and supportive team with opportunities for advancement committed to helping all staff develop and grow
- A competitive salary based on leading market rates
- 100% coverage of Health, Dental, and Vision insurance monthly premiums
- Company Sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401K with a 4% employer match with no vesting period
- Generous paid time off in which we encourage staff to take sufficient time for self-care
- 10 paid bank holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Mobile Phone Reimbursement
- A stipend to support your work-from-home setup
BerlinRosen is committed to diversity and a culture of inclusion, recognizing that these commitments directly contribute to our ability to provide stellar service and support to both our employees internally and our clients externally. We will not discriminate against an applicant or employee based on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, alienage or citizenship status, ancestry, nationality, national origin, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, BerlinRosen will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-03