Account Executive – Media Relations/Public Affairs
kglobal*, a full-service communications firm in Washington, D.C., is looking for a media-savvy Account Executive to support our public affairs, commercial, and nonprofit clients. This involves engaging with members of the print, online, and broadcast news media to shape coverage in line with our clients’ communications goals. Tactically, that will regularly include writing and placing op-eds, writing press releases, securing interviews, and more. This is a junior-mid level position.
The ideal Account Executive on our team is a creative, idea-generating machine that can proactively identify opportunities to use these tactics amidst the regular news cycle. Writing is a major component of this position, and the ideal candidate will have experience as a journalist, ghostwriter, speechwriter, or similar.
*kglobal is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Zenetex, LLC
What You’ll Do:
- Tactically execute day-to-day project functions (as described above) with minimal daily oversight
- Communicate closely with kglobal leadership and senior members of client teams to craft public relations/public affairs strategies
- Constantly bring creative new ideas to the table to help clients break through the clutter and reach their target audiences
- Add value to kglobal business development efforts through RFP responses and pitch meetings
Who You Are:
- Communications professional with at least 2-3 years of experience pitching media, including online, print, TV, and radio
- Bachelor’s degree is desired
- Excellent writer: creative, concise, and error-free
- Go-getter: you proactively do what it takes to get the job done and take initiative
- Intellectually curious: you ask questions and dig a little deeper to create the best product (whether that be a pitch, media list, or opinion piece)
- Team player: you chip in when your team needs help and willingly complete tasks not necessarily stated in your job description
- Adaptable: change in plans or last-minute requests don’t set you back – you adjust and keep going
kglobal Perks + Benefits:
- Health / Dental / Vision Insurance Plans
- 401k Retirement Plan
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays
- Flexible Paid Time Off + Vacation Policy
- Business Laptop
- Paid Professional Development Opportunities
- Excellent + Convenient Location at Farragut (3 blocks from all metro lines)
- This position will not require a security clearance.
kglobal is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-05-19