Account Executive – Media Relations
We are kglobal* – a full-service public relations and public affairs agency based in Washington, D.C. Our team is comprised of communicators, strategists, marketers, writers, artists, videographers, and photographers from across the country. Our fusion of expertise and talent results in thought-provoking campaigns, unexpected solutions, and better outcomes for clients. To sum it up, we’re a diverse team that pursues excellence in everything we do while having fun along the way.
We have an immediate opportunity for a media-savvy Account Executive to support our consumer and issue-based clients. The majority of project work for this position falls into two categories: 1) Media Relations: building media lists, drafting press releases and press materials, pitching media, interview prep, coverage reports, and 2) Events: managing logistics, organizing media and community events, and drafting supporting materials.
Successful candidates are fast on their feet, self-driven, approach every task with creativity, and have experience in the many facets of public relations and public affairs.
*kglobal is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Zenetex, LLC
What You’ll Do:
- Constantly bring creative new ideas to the table to help clients break through the clutter and reach their target audiences.
- Tactically execute key day-to-day project functions alongside other members of our media team, in order to get our clients in the news with minimal daily oversight
- Communicate closely with senior leaders, project managers and teams across many industries and disciplines to craft and execute public relations projects and strategies.
- Participate in and lead presentations, meetings, and ideation sessions
- Conceptualize and create compelling written and visual content, for both print and distribution on social media channels
- Assist with ongoing graphic design tasks using Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, etc.
- Support, participate and add value to kglobal business development efforts through research
Who You Are:
- Communications professional with at least 2-3 years of experience pitching or working within the media, including online, print, and broadcast. You gets a thrill off securing a top-notch media interview and growing those relationships (agency experience preferred)
- A media junkie: you enjoying keeping up with the news, every day, and pay close attention to what news outlets and reporters are covering.
- Go-getter: you proactively do what it takes to get the job done and take initiative.
- Excellent writer: creative, concise, and error-free
- Intellectually curious: you ask questions and dig a little deeper to create the best product (whether that be a pitch, media list, or research document) for our clients.
- Team player: you chip in when your team needs help and willingly complete tasks not necessarily stated in your job description.
- Adaptable: changes in plans or last-minute requests don’t set you back – you adjust and keep going.
kglobal Perks + Benefits:
- Health / Dental / Vision Insurance Plans
- 401k Retirement Plan
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays
- Flexible Paid Time Off + Vacation Policy
- Business MacAir
- Paid Professional Development Opportunities
- New, Convenient Office on the West End (10-minute walk from multiple Metro lines)
- There is no clearance requirement for this position.
kglobal is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-21