Account Executive, Social Impact & Sustainability
San Francisco, CA
This role is open to be based from: Bay Area, CA (Including Sacramento)
Edelman believes that business has an opportunity to deliver both economic and societal benefits. Today’s consumers more than ever before, expect – and demand – of companies that they lead with purpose, that they stand for something bigger. Which is why we partner with our clients to put social impact and sustainability at the heart of business and brand. Not bolted on, but built-in. Beyond reputation and risk management, to leadership and growth. From leading brands and companies to cutting-edge nonprofits, Edelman helps our clients drive meaningful change to positively impact their business, consumers and the world –through social impact, sustainability, brand purpose, corporate citizenship, reporting, and more.
This position will play a key role on our Social Impact & Sustainability team, focusing on communications strategy and planning, media relations, content development, and new business development with clients spanning sectors such as food and beverage, retail and biotechnology.
- Contribute to multiple projects simultaneously working in close collaboration with colleagues and using organizational skills
- Provide client service administration support; attend meetings, handle scheduling, logistics, notes and follow up actions
- Manage workload to meet deadlines and keep senior project leaders apprised of status
- Identify and work with media; Research, compile and analyze client media coverage
- Maintain up-to-date understanding of corporate social impact and sustainability and ESG trends and share knowledge with others
- Produce high quality internal and external communications content
- Contribute to creation of communications plans that meet client objectives
- Support research and analysis to provide insight into business opportunities and sustainable impact
- Demonstrate understanding of and implement public engagement and social media tools
- Build relationship with clients and colleague at all levels
- Participate in new business efforts including research, proposal and pitch preparation
- Commit to continuous learning through Edelman Learning Institute and other training opportunities
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with Edelman’s values (Quality, Integrity, Respect, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Mutual Benefits) and Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
- The account executive must have one to two years of relevant full-time experience in public relations and/or related fields including corporate social impact and sustainability communications, journalism, advertising, management consulting or media and publishing.
- The account executive should have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, knowledge of the corporate social impact and sustainability landscape, an understanding of basic public relations tools and how they are used. The ideal candidate is highly organized, has a desire to build social impact and sustainability expertise, and can demonstrate a solid foundation of research, writing and editing skills. She/he/they should have the ability to develop relationships with media and apply experience and initiative in developing traditional and digital communications strategies. Agency or other professional client service experience is strongly preferred.
Edelman is a global communications firm that partners with businesses and organizations to evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Our 6,000 people in more than 60 offices deliver communications strategies that give our clients the confidence to lead and act with certainty, earning the trust of their stakeholders. Our honors include the Cannes Lions Grand Prix for PR; Advertising Age’s 2019 A-List; the Holmes Report’s 2018 Global Digital Agency of the Year; and, five times, Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work. Since our founding in 1952, we have remained an independent, family-run business. Edelman owns specialty companies Edelman Data & Intelligence (DxI) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, lifestyle).
For more information please visit: www.edelman.com
Click here to view a short video about life at Edelman.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Job posted: 2021-10-10