The Herald Group is looking for a highly motivated, career-oriented individual with strong knowledge of issue advocacy, public affairs and strategic communications. The candidate should possess excellent interpersonal skills, good writing and verbal communication ability as well as excellent knowledge of content and social media applications. The candidate should be a team player and able to handle multiple tasks at the same time.
The Herald Group is a full service, bipartisan public affairs firm in Washington, DC, that provides strategic communications services to major corporations, trade associations and other organizations seeking to advance public policy positions in federal, state and international arenas. We provide a fast-paced, energetic work environment, and this position will have daily interaction with senior staff and clients. This is a full time, paid position.
The Account Manager will support client account teams in delivering high-quality strategic communications services. The ideal candidate will assist with the coordination and execution of client projects, as well as administrative duties.
- Minimum 2-5 years of communications experience in a PR agency, corporation, association or as a Congressional press secretary. Public policy communications experience is a plus
- Understanding of and experience working with traditional and digital news media
- Skilled at pitching and placing stories in a variety of media outlets
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Energetic, self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track
- Ability to write clearly and concisely on short deadlines; can vary writing styles to target audiences
- Good interpersonal skills, works effectively in a team environment, can negotiate approvals diplomatically, and maintain composure and quality under constant deadline pressure
- Ability to illustrate a results-focused approach and commitment to going the extra mile for clients. Experience communicating directly with clients
- A collaborative team member, with the ability to meet deadlines while managing and prioritizing multiple projects simultaneously
Work may include, and is not limited to, any or all of the following:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of communications programs
- Assist in the day-to-day management of client programs and client relationships, including media monitoring, issue research and project updates
- Proactively develop compelling story angles and pitch and secure media placements; coordinate interviews
- Consistently produce high quality internal and external communications content, including traditional media correspondence, op-eds, letters to the editor, strategy memos and plans, as well as writing for social media and the web
- Draft content for regular reporting to client and leadership that is informational and analytical
- Conduct strategic research to support advocacy and executive support efforts of client.
- Build relationship with clients, colleagues and relevant external audiences
- Support the development of client proposals and media materials: plans, presentations, reports, communications documents
- Assist leadership with development of new business proposals and presentations
- Contribute strategic and creative program ideas for client campaigns
The Herald Group presents unique opportunities for advancement of innovative professionals seeking to excel in a growing, fast-paced environment. For more information on The Herald Group please visit our website at www.theheraldgroup.com.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should submit a resume to email@example.com, and may be asked to submit a writing sample or complete a writing test.
Job posted: 2019-08-19