Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Account Supervisor, Health/Corporate Communications
FleishmanHillard’s Atlanta office has an immediate opening for an energetic, self-starting Account Supervisor with a strong media and project management background. This position provides a fantastic opportunity for a passionate PR practitioner to work in a fast-paced environment with a collaborative team on high-level program development, project management, social media/digital strategy, brand building, media relations and crisis management. Further, this is an opportunity to be part of True MOSAIC, our leading global diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) practice, which has counseled 100 clients in the last year.
The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational and writing skills, a solid understanding of media relations best practices, and a passion for DE&I work. We are looking for a self-starter, someone who enjoys the “rush” of PR and excels at working within a group environment, and then taking things forward on an individual basis. FH Atlanta takes a holistic view of hiring by balancing hard skills, cultural fit, growth potential and client service aptitude to ensure each new FHer is a strong, long-term contributor to the business and office.
Primary responsibilities for the Account Supervisor include handling many of the day-to-day activities for the healthcare practice’s account teams, including working with senior members of the healthcare and other teams to help oversee projects and provide client counsel. Candidate will be expected to balance workload, develop and manage budgets, and be involved in strategic planning. In addition, the candidate will be involved in regular account planning meetings and new business presentations.
FleishmanHillard believes a diverse team brings a wider range of personal and professional experiences and perspectives. We recognize that diversity and inclusion benefit our agency, our clients, and the communities in which we work and live. To that end, we strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Play a pivotal role in handling many of the day-to-day activities for the healthcare and True MOSAIC practices’ account teams, including working with senior members of the team to help oversee projects, manage timelines, deliverables and budgets, and provide client counsel.
- Working with senior team members, help generate incremental business opportunities with our existing clients, contribute to new business proposals, and provide insights and expertise to our overall DE&I offering
- Develop relationships and coordinate correspondence with external audiences: clients, third-party organizations, healthcare professionals, media, etc.
- Be flexible and facilitate teamwork within account team; coordinate team resources and create opportunities for junior staff to take on more responsibility; fully utilize agency resources to create the “best teams” for your clients.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively develop full range of written materials including press releases, byline articles, speeches, client correspondence and reports.
- Proactively identify opportunities to insert clients into broader trends and the ongoing news cycle by maintaining a pulse on relevant industry news and presenting new, fresh ideas to the team and client.
- Develop and monitor program plans and budgets for profitability; report status to client and agency management on a regular basis.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships.
- 5-7 years of experience implementing communications programs and supporting teams. Background in diversity, equity and inclusion preferred. Agency experience preferred but not required.
- Self-starter and resourceful problem solver – gets things moving and keeps them on track. High attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities.
- Excellent time and priority management skills and experience driving large projects from beginning to end.
- Ability to illustrate a results-focused approach and commitment to going the extra mile for clients. Experience working directly with and communicating with clients on day-to-day activities.
- Ability to collect and implement feedback from various parties (even amidst challenging circumstances).
- Experience liaising with creative team/design, internal team and client.
- Interest in research/analysis; excels at pulling together findings in succinct reports.
- Strong writing; experience across various types (press releases, PR materials, analytical, social media).
- Knowledge of healthcare/consumer health/trade media as well as familiar with healthcare social media/stipulations is a plus but not required.
- A thirst for knowledge, interest and desire to work in the ever-changing world of healthcare.
- Skilled at applied strategic thinking; anticipating issues, trends, and connections, and translating those insights into actionable ideas for the client.
- Good interpersonal skills, can work effectively in a team environment, negotiate approvals diplomatically, and maintain composure and quality under deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
FleishmanHillard specializes in public relations, reputation management, public affairs, brand marketing, digital strategy, social engagement and content strategy. FleishmanHillard was named PRWeek’s 2014 Global Agency of the Year, “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2016; and among PRWeek’s 2013 “Best Places to Work.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Omnicom Public Relations Group, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 85 offices in 30 countries, plus affiliates in 43 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
About Omnicom Public Relations Group
Omnicom Public Relations Group is a global collective of three of the top global public relations agencies worldwide and eight specialist agencies in public affairs, marketing to women, fashion, global health strategy and corporate social responsibility. It encompasses more than 6,000 public relations professionals in more than 330 offices worldwide who provide their expertise to companies, government agencies, NGOs and nonprofits across a wide range of industries. Omnicom Public Relations Group delivers for clients through a relentless focus on talent, continuous pursuit of innovation and a culture steeped in collaboration. Omnicom Public Relations Group is part of the DAS Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. that includes more than 200 companies in a wide range of marketing disciplines including advertising, public relations, healthcare, customer relationship management, events, promotional marketing, branding and research.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-01-11