Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Administrator, Department of State Government Affairs
Who We Are: It all starts with purpose.
We are a purpose-driven nonprofit with a dynamic staff culture.
With a meaningful purpose, motivated staff, and excellent benefits, working here will definitely have you smiling! The ADA’s headquarters is located just steps from Chicago’s Magnificent Mile and close to public transportation. With more than 400 colleagues, the ADA Staff are some of the most talented people in the Chicago, Washington D.C., and Maryland area.
We were named a Top Workplace by the Chicago Tribune in 2019 and 2021! Come join our team!
The Administrator of the Department of State Government Affairs position coordinates and traffics many of the implementation steps of the ADA’s State Public Affairs (SPA) program. Major duties include scheduling meetings and conference calls, developing and distributing recaps of those meetings, tracking project assignments, financial tracking and reporting, contract implementation, and providing increasing substantive input into programs and processes relating to the SPA program and individual participating constituent programs. Additionally, this position will provide administrative support for the Department of State Government Affairs.
- Bachelors degree
- 2 years of administrative experience. In lieu of a degree, a minimum of six years of administrative experience
- Excellent oral/written communications, telephone, filing and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment; to understand and synthesize diverse bits of information; to work independently; to prepare post-meeting reports.
- Intermediate level MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Travel to ADA’s Lobbyist Conference will require some evening and weekend work. Some overnight travel up to twice per year and occasional overtime.
Nice to Have:
- Ability to provide ideas for the consideration of the department to improve both systems and efficiencies
- Some meeting planning as well as extensive planning and organizing for a host of conference calls
- Ability to project budget expenditures and expectations
Just a few of the benefits offered to employees:
- Promotes Work/Life Balance
- Hybrid Work Schedule (2-3 days from home)
- Health insurance/ dental reimbursement plan
- Ample Paid time off
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid Parental Leave
- Pet Insurance
- Student Loan Refinance
- 2 days off to work at a charity event of your choice
The American Dental Association is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. The American Dental Association is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more here
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Job posted: 2022-08-31