Administrator, Public Affairs
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world’s most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We’re always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Business Unit Overview
Warner Bros. corporate functions provide specialized knowledge and expertise to support our vast portfolio of businesses like DC Comics, Warner Bros. Pictures, Warner Bros. Television Group and Warner Bros. Consumer Products.
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks an Administrator for the Public Affairs department.
This position plays an essential role in supporting Warner Bros.’ government affairs and community engagement efforts. This position is required to effectively collaborate with multiple stakeholders throughout the company, including WarnerMedia and AT&T, and within the communities where we produce film and television and operate facilities.
- Support Director of Public Affairs in liaising with productions to address problems encountered at all levels of government.
- Support the Studio’s local community affairs needs including addressing neighbor complaints and assisting with neighbor mailings.
- Support the development and execution of community engagement plans for those communities impacted most by our production activities or business units. Plan development may include research and identification of key issues and stakeholders; and collaboration with the Community Engagement Team around key non-profit and community partner activations.
- Maintain a legislative tracking spreadsheet of legislative and regulatory issues at the state and local level that may affect the company.
- Support Community Engagement’s Programs through outreach to community partners, event logistics and other related duties as needed.
- Assist with organization and coordination of public affairs events, visits by government officials, stakeholder meetings, and public affairs screenings.
- Design and draft communications such as invitations, programs, charitable book ads, flyers, reports, newsletters and company intranet posts. Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
- Prepare requests and facilitate approvals for the company’s political contributions and philanthropic compliance activities.
- Manage internal department databases, inboxes and correspondences.
- Perform basic research on assigned topics via phone, web and other resources, including economic data presentations, production requirements at the local, state, federal, and international levels, and review of location data to track key filming locations across North America.
- Support Director, Public Affairs by covering phones, scheduling meetings, filing, expense reports, processing invoices and payments, and other general clerical duties.
- Support other Public Affairs and Community Engagement projects as assigned.
- 1-3 years in similar work experience (include internships) in public affairs/government with experience interacting with a wide variety of stakeholder groups, such as community members, government officials and senior executives preferred
- BA/BS preferred
- PC Skills: MS Word, Excel and Power Point required
- Experience with Adobe Suite (Acrobat Pro, Illustrator and Photoshop) a plus
- Knowledge of file set-up, maintenance and filing procedures
- Knowledge of basic math, spelling, grammar, punctuation, and English usage
- Strong written communications skills required
- Must possess strong phone skills
- Interest in government and community affairs
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must have the ability to organize, prioritize and schedule work effectively
- Must be professional, articulate, helpful and enthusiastic when interfacing with any guests/visitors
- Must have the ability to pay close attention to detail and understand written and oral instructions
- Must be able to manage multiple assignments simultaneously
- Must have the ability to work well under time constraints
- Must be flexible and able to adjust to shifting priorities
- Must possess a professional mannerism
- Must be detail oriented and goal driven
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be available to attend activities before, during and after regular business hours, when necessary
- Must be a team player, with the ability to adapt to a variety of situations and work effectively with people from across the company, including senior management
Job posted: 2020-12-18