Schrayer and Associates, Inc. (S&A), a fast-paced and highly regarded political and advocacy consulting firm, is seeking an experienced Campaign Coordinator to oversee the recruitment, advocacy efforts and management of a network of constituency groups that will support a client-based campaign to secure funding from the federal government for research into gun violence in America. The position will reside in Washington, D.C.
- Manage Overall National Outreach Working with other members of the S&A and client team, fine tune and manage the advocacy strategy for increasing federal funding for gun violence research.
- Coordinate Advocacy Partners and Grantee Oversee outreach to a wide-range of constituency groups active in supporting the campaign, including but not limited to veterans, law enforcement, and health care groups. Host meetings for broader advocacy partners, provide background materials including relevant messaging, talking points and research. Coordinate advocacy activities at the national and state level. Responsible for overseeing any grantee relationships.
- Serve as Resource Ensure messaging is consistent and distribute relevant fact sheets to advocacy partners and other interested parties. Meet with key stakeholders alongside, and on behalf of, partners to help grow the coalition and increase awareness of the advocacy effort.
- Organize Client Outreach. Responsible for strategy and implementation of direct outreach to policymakers and influential stakeholders including, but not limited to, briefings, salon events, and other outreach by senior client
- Monitor Policy Activity and Advocacy Keep advocacy partners informed on relevant federal legislation, regulations and policies and ensure partners are meeting established benchmarks. Provide updates to client senior leadership.
- Facilitate Meetings with Consultant Teams. Coordinate and conduct regular strategy meetings with outside consultant teams, state organizers, and communications f
- Minimum of 4+ years of solid political campaign and organizing experience, including background working on a Presidential or Congressional campaign and/or an advocacy campaign
- Strategic leadership and strong supervisory skills
- Previous experience with conservative outreach.
- Strong communications (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable with public speaking before high profile audiences
- Project management skills, including ability to manage multiple programs and competing priorities
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
- Some domestic travel may be expected
Competitive salary will be offered, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Schrayer & Associates, Inc. is a Washington-based political consulting and strategic planning firm. Founded in 1994, we work with organizations to enhance their operational effectiveness and maximize their impact and influence in the public policy arena. We work on a wide range of domestic and international issues and bring a unique approach to a diverse client base. More information can be found at www.schrayer.com.
How to Apply:
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Campaign Coordinator” in the Subject line. No calls please. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Job posted: 2020-08-21