Under the supervision of the Senior Manager, Digital Media, the Advocacy Design Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the design and development of the organization’s print and digital needs. This includes designing high-quality graphics primarily for advocacy purposes, including design support for AHIP’s coalitions, campaigns, and policy positions. Projects include but are not limited to layout of reports and documents, design of infographics, social media content and digital ads, and creation of graphics for several WordPress websites. The Advocacy Design Coordinator is an integral part of the Public Affairs and Strategic Communications team and provides creative solutions for design needs across the organization.
- Assist Senior Manager, Digital Media on all projects including creation of graphics and other design content assets
- Design and layout various assets and graphics for digital and social media engagement on a variety of key health care issues
- Experience filming or editing digital video is a plus
- Work with strategic communications team to develop and layout infographics for advocacy purposes
- Assist in maintaining a consistent digital media brand and quality guidelines
- Keeps track of current design assignments and provides regular reports on project status to manager and relevant teams
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent visual communicator; provides creative concepts for depicting important data points on key issues
- Willingness and ability to work in both print and digital media to ensure integrated campaigns
- Demonstrates knowledge of design principles in composition, typography, color theory, and brand adherence
- Communicates deadlines effectively and works constructively with team members to ensure projects are completed on time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Ability to perform under deadline pressure
- Ability to work independently with excellent organizational skills and willingness to take ownership for wide-ranging responsibilities to drive projects from concept to completion
- Knowledgeable of the latest design trends and standards
- Interest in and ability to learn pertinent health care topics
- Must exercise superb judgment and demonstrate professionalism (reliability, appearance, and dependability)
- Friendly and positive demeanor; team player who enjoys collaborating with colleagues
- 1-2 years of professional experience required
- Experience using organizational skills in professional setting with particular regard to organized and structured digital file management
- Track record of communicating effectively with individuals in a professional setting and from all areas in an organization
- Strong computer and software skills (experience with Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and MS Office required).
- Experience in multimedia and understanding of HTML, CSS, and WordPress a plus.
- College degree in graphic design or related field required
- 3-5 design samples or link to digital portfolio required with application. Please submit at least one sample of print work, and one sample of digital work.
Significant Work Activities & Conditions:
- Continuous sitting for prolonged periods more than 4 consecutive hours in an 8-hour day
- Keyboard use of greater or equal to 80% of the workday
Percent of Travel:
- 0 – 10%
Learn more here
Job Posted: August 30, 2017