Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Position: Advocacy Manager
Reports To: Senior Vice-President of Advocacy
The American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC) is the business association of the nation’s engineering industry. Founded in 1906, ACEC is a national federation of 52 state and regional organizations representing more than 5,600 engineering firms and 600,000+ engineers, surveyors, architects, and other specialists nationwide. ACEC member firms drive the design of America’s infrastructure and built environment. Please visit us at www.acec.org.
ACEC is committed to being a workplace that fosters inclusion, diversity, and equity. We believe that creating a collaborative environment allows our employees to thrive and better serve the industry we represent. We strongly support education and learning through professional and personal growth.
ACEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, or sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, military status, or genetic information. We offer competitive salary, flexibility of schedule, and top-notch benefits.
ACEC is seeking an experienced, self-motivated association professional as our Advocacy Manager.
As an integral member of our Advocacy team, the Advocacy Manager is responsible for providing administrative and organizational support for the Advocacy Department as well as support for ACEC/PAC and related political programs. You must have a proactive approach to getting things done, be customer centric and able to manage multiple deadlines.
To perform successfully in this role, our ideal candidate will possess an undergraduate degree; have knowledge of the legislative and political process; have excellent written communication skills; and have proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Attend ACEC political functions and assist the VP of Political Affairs with fundraising activities.
- Provide support for ACEC/PAC staff, including assistance with record-keeping and administrative tasks.
- Support the Advocacy staff in the planning and execution of the committee meetings throughout the year.
- Develop and maintain advocacy content for the Advocacy portion of the website.
- Work with the Senior Vice President to prepare and file lobbying disclosure and other compliance documents.
- Assist the Advocacy staff with administrative support related to ACEC Annual Convention including tracking Congressional Hill visits, working with state coordinators, and facilitating issue briefing material production.
- Provide support to the Senior Vice President of Advocacy and the lobbying staff on advocacy issues, grassroots engagement, and maintenance and updates to congressional scorecards.
- Provide overall organizational support for the entire Advocacy Department.
Undergraduate degree is required, knowledge of the legislative and political process, and strong writing skills. Must be proficient in Excel and PowerPoint with competency in other Microsoft Office applications. Capitol Hill or related industry experience a plus.
Send writing samples, cover letter, and resume with salary expectations to HR@acec.org, attention Steve Hall, Senior Vice President of Advocacy.
Job posted: 2022-07-22