Association for Advanced Life Underwriting
The Association for Advanced Life Underwriting (AALU), the premier advocacy and professional development organization for life insurance distribution nationwide (www.aalu.org), is seeking an experienced leader to successfully drive its Federal Advocacy Services team as Advocacy Manager, Federal Advocacy Services.
Advocacy Manager, Federal Advocacy Services
The Association for Advanced Life Underwriting (AALU) is looking for an entrepreneurial, client facing, Advocacy Manager for our largest grassroots consulting partnership. Based in our Capitol Hill office and reporting to the Vice President of Political Affairs, this person’s responsibilities include:
• Managing day-to-day implementation of grassroots and grasstops engagement activities for the client, including: in-district meetings, Hill fly-ins, advocate training, and monthly newsletters;
• Tracking and reporting on grassroots activity, Congressional relationship growth, and program effectiveness;
• Providing strategic guidance to the client on advocacy best practices and program development.
A “perfect fit” for this position is someone who:
• Has a college degree and 4-6 years of experience in advocacy, communications, political campaigns (especially field organizers and managers), or grassroots organizing. Candidates with campaign, Capitol Hill, and/or political consulting experience strongly preferred;
• Is a stellar writer and communicator who can clearly articulate complex ideas, commands a room, and produces top-notch content;
• Is creative, can think on their feet, good with tight deadlines, and can work just as well independently as on a team;
• Has project management experience but is also willing to take on all aspects of a job – from administrative tasks and program minutia to big picture strategy and implementation;
• Familiarity with financial service industry policy debates is helpful but not required;
• Experience with graphic design, video production, new media, and/or e-newsletter production is a plus;
WHO WE ARE:
For 60 years, AALU has been the trusted, influential voice for the life insurance community in Washington, DC. With a singular focus on the issues impacting life insurance products,
professionals, and clients, AALU has a heritage of leadership and success. We provide our members with essential tools and services required to help grow their businesses, serve their clients, and protect the life insurance profession. Our Government Affairs team is a small but dedicated group of former Hill and campaign staffers. We work hard and set high expectations for ourselves, but also have fun and embrace a team approach in all we do.
Please send a resume and cover letter – detailing why you want to work for AALU, how you will fit into the team, and how your skills/experience fit the position – to Eric Lundberg (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Job Posted: February 9, 2017