Advocacy Specialist, Policy & Advocacy
|The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation seeks an Advocacy Specialist to join our Policy and Advocacy department in Bethesda, MD.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CFF) and its employees embrace their commitment to its core values. These core values are the pillars on which CFF stand and will continue to sustain us as we move forward.
• Works to build grassroots, volunteer capacity to strengthen Foundation policy advocacy efforts; acts as CF community organizer
• Act as the conduit of information between policy team, communications and chapter staff and volunteers
• Provides logistical support including but not limited to meeting scheduling, agenda development, special event preparation, training development, creation of materials, and conducting follow-up with stakeholders.
• Establishes relationships (internally and externally) and coordinates with key partners, including, but not limited to local representatives of national patients’ organizations
• Works to identify local organizations to engage in advocacy efforts
• Collaborates with chapter staff to execute events that support volunteer engagement, managements and capacity building initiatives
• Applies content knowledge to projects and communicates content to relevant internal and external partners.
• Execute grassroots advocacy events including, but not limited to State Advocacy Days; supporting the development of policy agenda, identifying appropriate legislative and other targets
• Recommend appropriate tactics necessary to advance Foundation position in states (i.e. campaigns; op-eds; in-person meetings)
• Ensure proper execution of each tactical approach
• Support coordinating with local consultants and providing event support as necessary.
• Monitoring progress and recommends adjusting strategies as needed
• Other duties as assigned.
• Database management and analysis
• Provide input on process, design and implementation of cross functional and
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• A minimum of 3 years of experience in fast-paced work environment and strong interested in health policy preferred.
• Prior experience (including internship) in public policy, state legislature or political campaign highly desirable.
• Requires excellent writing, verbal and interpersonal skills.
• Individual should be highly analytical, organized, conscientious, resourceful and adaptable.
• Team player with positive attitude and strong work ethic.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite, experience with Adobe and/or Photoshop suites a plus.
• NGP VAN, Phone2Action or similar mobilization software experience preferable
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a background in political science, communications, public policy, or biological science
Learn more here
Job posted: 2018-12-12