In this role, you will craft state-of-the-art mobilization campaigns for Blue State Digital’s wide range of clients in the advocacy and political space. You will confidently guide prominent organizations, campaigns, and causes toward more effective use of the latest digital technology and communications. You will maintain knowledge of the ever-growing array of platforms, channels, and datasets and act as a steady partner to translate an organization’s business needs into strategic digital campaigns. You will also ensure those campaigns are executed smoothly and efficiently.
- Responsible for the strategy and campaign planning on assigned accounts
- Create insights and approaches that shape clients’ programs and clearly articulate these strategies
- Explore new ways for our clients to approach advocacy and electoral campaigns
- Lead or co-lead concepting and creative briefs, kickoff, brainstorms, and campaign development, both internally and externally
- Collaborate with copywriters and designers and other discipline experts to translate strategies and creative concepts into web, social, and mobile experiences and communications programs
- Stay in the weeds of ongoing campaigns, working with media planners and analysts to optimize and evolve
- Track developments in the legislative process, across news cycles, or from the campaign trail to share insights with your team
- Play a role in new business and upsells, joining or leading in the expert role
- Maintain deep knowledge of social/political/policy issues that impact relevant clients.
You will be a part of our growing advocacy strategy team in DC but helping to serve over a third of our global portfolio and supporting our innovation and expansion within this sector.
Top things we’re looking for
- Impeccable written and oral communication skills — the ability to explain the reasons behind a particular strategic or creative approach, and guide clients through difficult decision making
- 5+ years agency and/or digital organizing experience, preferably in government, campaigns, or the political advocacy space
- Extensive experience in developing messaging/persuasion/social influence
- Familiarity with content management and CRM platforms
- Detailed understanding of digital communication channels—from email to Instagram to SMS to media platforms
- Patient but firm monitor-side manner with designers and writers
- Humble in victory, constructive in defeat
- Self-starter, driven, focused, eager, ability to think on feet
Job posted: 2019-08-06