Affordable Credit Risk Policy Sr
At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you’ll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
The Director, Single Family Affordable Credit and Policy, is currently seeking a Credit Policy Risk Analytics Senior to join the team. The person hired into this role will be responsible for supporting the development of Single-Family Affordable and Duty to Serve credit and capacity risk management policies, requirements, and guidelines.
The Affordable Policy and Credit team is instrumental in working across divisions to further our affordable lending mission while mitigating the risks from the credit policy perspective. We contribute to the company’s ability to meets housing goals, the Duty to Serve mandate and other score card items.
The Credit Policy Risk Analytics Senior is a key member of the Freddie Mac Affordable credit and capacity risk management team who provides guidance and interpretation on credit and capacity related issues to internal and external customers; and works on a variety of Affordable and Duty to Serve credit and capacity related policies and customer solutions on an as-needed basis.
- Typically, 5-8 years of experience in conventional mortgage credit risk analysis
- 2- 4 years of experience in Affordable Lending
- 1+ years of public speaking
- College Degree or equivalent work experience
- Must be able to work independently with minimal direction and collaborate effectively and easily with internal and external clients
- An extensive knowledge of Freddie Mac selling and underwriting guidelines, mortgage loan origination industry financing methods and loan origination processes
- Superior organization and time management skills and the ability manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines
- Ability to interact well with others
- Subject matter expertise in single family mortgage credit policy, underwriting, and loan origination processes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and communication skills
- The highest level of professionalism, self-motivation, adaptability and flexibility to work in a fast-changing environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Word, Excel and Power Point
- Some travel may be required
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Intellectual agility and interpersonal flexibility
- Ability to build upon prior knowledge
- Team oriented
- Positively accept feedback for self-development/improvement
- Strong work ethic
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-11-11